What Have you Read Recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Have you Read Recently?

Do you even have time to read? The last book I finished was Achilles Choice by Niven & Barnes. Quite an interesting idea about the future of the Olympics and I rather enjoyed it.

Right now it's all about Bead & Button though - which finally arrived on my doorstep today!
    "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
    Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
    http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Only read to my daughter these days, just finished Beatrix Potter and now on Famous Five!

Comment

I'm reading a book about going round Europe on 1p flights. It's quite entertaining. So far we've visited a load of places I can't pronounce one of which was Brno.... now that one needs more vowels!
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I'm a fan of chick lit books and have just finished Sheila O'Flanagan's "Isobel's Wedding". Not as good as some of her others.

Probably the most interesting book I have read is The Game by Neil Strauss. Taught me quite a lot about men even though I was the wrong side of 40 and married when I read it. If you're young and single I'd definitely suggest you read it.
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

The last book I read was the Dave Pelzer trilogy - A Child Called It, The Lost Boy and A Man Named Dave and.

I have read this several times and it still has the same effect now as it did the first time I read it. Dave Pelzer is a truly inspirational man who has overcome so much in his life and it makes you realise just how priviledged we were in childhood.

I highly recommend these...not only do they 're-live' his horribly abusive childhood, but they show us an unstoppable human spirit. Just reading them was a humbling experience for me... made my troubles seem so trivial.

Comment

I bought me other half the Clarkson books and i have just started reading them. I wanted something a bit light hearted!
            Dee x
            Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
            Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
            Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

I finished last month - The Gift by Cecelia Ahern

couldnt put it down but didnt want to finish it either (if that makes sense). Got another one of hers here to start but know if I start it again I wont be able to out it down.

Has anyone else read any of hers???

Sara x
              www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by crafty sara View Post

couldnt put it down but didnt want to finish it either (if that makes sense). Got another one of hers here to start but know if I start it again I wont be able to out it down.

Sara x

Is that the original book for that film 'the gift' or is it something else? I might try her next i love books that you can really get into. I think i mentioned in another thread but Linwood Barclay is really good-'no time for goodbye' I couldn't put that down!
                Dee x
                Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
                Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
                Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Originally posted by crafty sara View Post

Sara x
                  I read PS I love you and finished it about 3 months before the film was released. I enjoyed the book so much that I never went to see the film.

I remember the first time I read Virginia Andrews' Flowers in the Attic trilogy in the 80's and then the film was released a bit after and it was total pants!!!! so it put me off going to see this one.
                  Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

This Forum!!!
                    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Ive also read ps I love you too. Like you, loved book but didnt go see the film as I thought it would be disappointing.

Sara x
                      www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

I read an eclectic selection of stuff, I love a mixture of contemporary non-fiction and well constructed crime fiction generally, with a sprinkling of other fiction thrown in. I am reading Nancy Drew to my daughter, I have recently read for my own delectation The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon and T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton, I am currently reading Born on a Blue Day by Daniel Tammet and am dipping into Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion. I have, waiting patiently to be read, on my bedside table The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama, although I suspect it's a bit too politically laden for me.
                        Elinor
                        x

My Misi page
                        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Just now im reading Harlan Coben - Hold tight . This is prooving to be another cant out downer! And im just finished The Cradle Snatcher by Tess Stimson. Also brill!!! Would recommend them both!
                          Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Originally posted by staceyjlew View Post
                            Only read to my daughter these days, just finished Beatrix Potter and now on Famous Five!
                            I used to love Enid Blyton books when I was little. Secret Seven and The Mystery of.... were my favourites. I used to save up my pocket money to buy them.
                            Hope your daughter enjoys the Famous Five.

I was given 2 books for Christmas and I haven't even opened them yet, I just don't seem to have any spare time to read

Comment

I'm another chick lit fan, although I do like ****(Richard) Francis and John Grisham too. Patricia Wendorf's trilogy Bye Bye Blackbird, Larksleve and the other one I can't remember, are excellent. Elvi Rhodes and for me the brilliant Catherine Cookson. There are loads of other authors that I've only touched at and I hold my hands up to being carried away by a bit (a lot!) of Mills and Boon too!! And for poetry for me it's got to be Helen Steiner Rice, religious but her poems are truly beautiful and the books have pretty curlycew illustrations inside.
                              Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Working...
                              X