Sad farewell to Jack Sugden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad farewell to Jack Sugden

They said that Jack Sugden's TV funeral was a tear jerker and they were right. A very fitting tribute to a well respected actor. And a wonderful idea that his photo take pride of place in the Woolpack alongside Amos and Mr Wilkes.

RIP Clive Hornby .
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

cards by design

A very fitting tribute and episode although it was a double whammy for me as we are waiting for the call that my younger sister has passed away. She has terminal bile duct cancer and the call is imminent. I cried my eyes out when they played Imagine (John Lennon is my Idol) at the end. I am fine now but i don't need many more of those. x

Comment

yea I had a lump in my throat sob sob!!!

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

I was coping OK with it until Jack popped up in the graveyard - then I was in tears!
        Cynthia
        http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Ifor-Jones View Post
          I was coping OK with it until Jack popped up in the graveyard - then I was in tears!
          Snap but i thought it was great at the same time just so good to see hime one last time

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

that really was a fitting end. RIP x
            Dee x
            Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
            Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
            Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

I missed this tonight but would like to see it... just tried to watch it on the ITV catch up website but it doesn't seem to be working so will have to try tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post
                I missed this tonight but would like to see it... just tried to watch it on the ITV catch up website but it doesn't seem to be working so will have to try tomorrow.
                Don't think it will be on catchup until they've shown the repeat - usually on in the afternoon sometime on ITV2.

I get really annoyed with ITV cos you have to watch their catchups online and not everyone has access to a PC. (or in my case, speakers that work!)
                Auntynet

Comment

I haven't watched Emmerdale for years but I remember Jack Sugden with his mum Molly. Sounds like a real tear jerker!
                  Diane
                  Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

His mum was Annie lol she came back for the funeral very sad episode RIP !!

Comment

Yes was very moving -

I also heard that they brought alot of the dielect & shoots from the first ever programe of emmerdale into it. Such as lady on horse looking over the fields. Annie saying she going to sort this family out/Robert not attending the funeral, as Jack didnt attend funeral of his dad in first programe only from a distance like Robert did.

Its amazing what you find out/learn from day time tv - lol

RIP
                      www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
                        I haven't watched Emmerdale for years but I remember Jack Sugden with his mum Molly. Sounds like a real tear jerker!
                        LOL - Molly Sugden is the actress that played Mrs Slocombe in Are you being served - the one with the
                        p u s s y. (spaces are cos the auto- censor is on)

Last edited by auntynet; 11-02-2009, 11:11 PM.
                        Auntynet

Comment

Originally posted by stacym View Post
                          His mum was Annie lol she came back for the funeral very sad episode RIP !!

Well I did say I hadnt watched it for years LOL!!!!! Annie, Molly, not much difference!

Thanks Aunty, see I knew I had heard the name somewhere!!!!! Must have been paying more attention to Are you being served than Emmerdale, used to watch them in the same era!!!!!
                          Diane
                          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
                          X