Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a bit random but-i met Abi Titmuss today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a bit random but-i met Abi Titmuss today!!!

We have Marc Warren (the guy from hustle and Wanted) starring in a play at the theatre where i work and it has not long started. He is dating Abi Titmuss and she was sitting alone so i went over to see if she was ok! She'd come to see him perform, bless!
    Anyway just thought i'd let you know she was actually very nice! and meeting them both is my only claim to fame!!!Hee hee!
    Has anyone met any famous people they'd like to tell us about?Would love to hear from everyone!x
    Dee x
    Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
    Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
    Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Mike Harding (who??????) is my claim to fame.

I live in the village that Arthur Scargill lives in and my mother was one third of the fund raising committee in our village during the miners' strike in the 1980's. They organised loads of events to raise funds for the local soup kitchen and one event was a summer gala day and Mike Harding was asked to "open" the gala. He came along and joined in all the fun, even helping out on one of the jumble/bring "n" buy stalls, that I was in charge of and he helped me out for a couple of hours. He was really down to earth, very funny and good company - very sympathetic towards the miners' cause - however it was a long time ago and only the "oldies" will know who he is.

My one other claim to fame is that (as a teenager) I was the girlfriend of the star of a Ken Loach film, Black Jack, which has been shown on channel 4 several times but my then boyfriend disappeared into obscurity - like the film! Ken Loach is the guy who filmed Kes.

I was also in the opening sequence of another Ken Loach film, Looks and Smiles, (only part of the audience but the back of my head was seen on camera!) which was filmed at the school I attended as a teenager.

Okay - I guess I should go and hide now as there's no way I can ever claim to be famous . . . . . .
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Hee hee....ok you win!!!i will google them...sorry i don't know the others but kes-i do know! Sounds like you had fun teens!!I wish it was as exciting in Lincoln when i was growin up! Although they did film some of the dambusters there x
      Dee x
      Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
      Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
      Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

At the risk of sound like a celeb stalker I have met too many to mention!

Robbie Williams
        Jonny Vaughn
        The Proclaimers
        Several football players (ryann giggs, thiery henry)
        Samantha Morton
        Mark Owen
        Boris Johnson

To name but a few.....

BUT do you know if you say Abby Titmuss fast enough it sounds like happy christmas! Sadly I say it all the time at Christmas.
        Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Comment

Boris Johnson? No - I do know who he is....

I've met Anne McCaffrey and artist Les Edwards... and Nick Parks from Aardman too!
          "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
          Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
          http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi

We have many famous people we have met at our events and have bought from us, and who order from our site.
            The girl in the Post Office is very impressed when I hand over packages.
            However as this is a public forum I do not want to run the risk of losing their valuable custom.

Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Does walking past them count....I was walking along Rose Street in Edinburgh and this white haired guy passed me surrounded by men dressed in black. I did a double take and it was Paul O'Grady aka Lily Savage!

When i was at a Westlife concert (i was young!) Brian touched my fingers....
              Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Im actualy married to wait for it

AUNTYNET

Thats enough fame for me

Comment

Originally posted by urbtaf View Post
                  Im actualy married to wait for it

AUNTYNET

Thats enough fame for me
                  You win!
                  "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                  Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                  http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                    Mike Harding (who??????) is my claim to fame.

however it was a long time ago and only the "oldies" will know who he is.
                    OMG I must be one of the oldies then...at only 33 I remember him off the telly and he now presents a show on Radio 2 - not really my cup of tea tbh so couldn't tell you which slot.

I don't have a huge number of famous people claim to fames and they are pretty teneuous. I've given careers advice to some now footballers - who now playing for Ipswich, Leicester and Brighton. And along with everyone else about my age I met some 70's/80's sportstars during Superstars at school...think we had Brian Hooper and Daly Thompson visit our school.

Oooh just remembered the most famous claim to fame - Russell Brand...he turned up to open our new revamped office/drop-in centre when I worked at Connexions in Bury St Eds. They wanted Davina McCall but she couldn't make it so her agent suggested this guy also on their books who had a link to Bury (he'd been at the rehab centre there) and was a presenter on Big Brother's Big Mouth on E4...I had no idea who he was it was before he was particularly famous and was just some bloke in jeans and t-shirt!
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

well,

iv walked past Paul Young on Sauchihall st, glasgow. And then in Marks and Spencers food hall, i heard this strange whisle.... turned around and theres LULU trying to draw attention to herself.

Im also a friend of Poppy Taylor wife of Max Taylor from Groove Armada. (though we are just syber friends! haha. We both own the same kind of car and we met on a car forum! ha ha)
                      Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Well, little did you all know that one of your fellow crafter was famous...

I appeared on Songs of Praise when I was 11

But I was not one of these flash in the pan type celebrities Oh No, I went onto make an appearance on Children in Need, when we raised money and was interviewed by Jackie Bird.
                        Was told in advance to fold the money into a sort of concertina fashion and when she came to me ,to open my hand and the notes would spring out ala showbiz but she took so long to get to our group that the notes had been in my sweaty wee palm for ages that when it came to my 2 minutes of fame, they were all damp and crumpled and just sort of went plop, flop

Comment

When we ran taxis many years ago, I got a job picking up 3 famous football players up to fetch to a do in Barnsley, (not a footy fan so I didnt know who they were) within the first mile they told me how famouse they were and that they didnt pay for taxis, but would give me their autograph! I pulled up and said "money in advance or get out" not one of them had any cash, so I left them on the slip road of the M1 at Sheffield. And felt very good about it.
                          Fame dosent mean a thing its the person that counts

Comment

I've walked past Charles Dance and Trevor -No No No No Yes - Peacock cos they both live near me. And Craig Charles ( red dwarf) was in front of me in the local chip shop once.
                            and Tom Holt ( fantasy writer like Terry Pratchett) is one of my husbands mates.

Melanie

Comment

I've met Mike Harding as well! He used to do regular shows in the north, and we went to see him in Kendal. He signed his album for me - lovely guy!

As a teenager I worked in a pub in the lakes, owned by ex England and Liverpool footballer Peter Thompson. He often had 'celeb' customers - we had Max Bygraves turn up one day in a big roller, and a group of Peter's footballing friends another day - Bruce Grobelaar was one, I can't remember the other 3 now, but they were all famous at the time!

He had a big display on the pub wall of all his England caps - I hadn't a clue what they were and asked if he'd been in the scouts or something
                              Cathy xx
                              http://folksy.com/shops/Cathy
                              http://www.recycledbaglady.co.uk/
                              http://owlfamilydiary.blogspot.com/
                              I don't have a short attention span, I ... Ooh look, there's a chicken!

Comment

Working...
                              X