Not a happy bunny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a happy bunny!

I'm not happy this snow has stayed so long, I've had to shut up shop now for 3 days cos my car is literally incased in ice!
    I got up and out this morning and decided I would get to the shop no matter what but no that ice was not budging, so here I am keeping up to date with the world via here!
    Is anyone else litterally snowed in?
    xxx
    Helen xxx
    www.pinkanddizzy.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wootto...zy/34439114148

I've had to open my shop late a few times this week because of the snow and ice - yesterday we opened at noon instead of 10am as I simply couldn't drive on the snowy roads in the blizzard conditions. I try to tell myself that with the weather as bad as it is most people won't be making the journey to visit the shop anyway so I won't be letting too many customers down.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I wish...the sun is shining really brightly here, it's lovely but the snow is melting
      MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Thats what I figured as well, that as least I'm not letting loads of customers down cos I think the last thing on peoples minds at the mo is shopping for beads and jewellery!
        I just hope its all gone by Monday and can get back to normal! (such a shame though cos I'd love it if I had a normal job and just couldn't get to work lol)
        xxx
        Helen xxx
        www.pinkanddizzy.co.uk

Comment

We still have a thick covering, although the sun is shining and roofs are dripping now. We have not got our car out of the garage since Wednesday as the drive is about 9 inches thick with snow. Fortunately I had had a Tesco shop delivered on Wednesday, so no need to go out for food. Have enjoyed walks for photography and trying to look on the bright side. I am sorry for those who need to get out for business, but I agree that, if you are in an area where the weather is bad, you are probably not letting many people down, as they will be staying indoors too.
          Cynthia
          http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Our snow is near enough gone now, its nice and sunny but still very cold! I hope your able to get out and about soon ((keep warm until you can!))
            Sarah

Comment

I had to close my salon on Thursday and we only managed a half day yesterday but at least we managed to get out today and do a full days work, need the money!! Sheet ice this morning was not funny at all. Hope you get out and about soon, Selina

Comment

Loads of snow here too - limited journeys out and now waiting for the big freeze to come (and more snow apparently!).
                Mel

Comment

No snow here. Just very wet roads.

Glad the snow has gone though, can't function without my car.
                  Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
                  Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
                  Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

No snow, no rain, dry and sunny. Even the window cleaner climbed up the side of the roof to get to the upstairs window!

Very cold though. So business as usual round these parts.
                    Diane
                    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

we still have snow here and it`s very cold but the roads are clear now so we can get around
                      the kids have had a great time off school and enjoying playing in the snow

would you really like an ordinary job, i woulld sell my back teeth to work with beads and jewellery everyday, or am i looking at it through rose tinted glasses
                      sally

Comment

Oh God no I'd hate to go back to having a 'normal' job (except the money would be nice lol)
                        I love my shop thats why I'm so gutted I can't get in there at the mo! The snow is still frozen solid this morning like a brick wall behind my car but I think I'm going to have to get my boyfriend digging our way out today as I have to go out tomorrow as doing a jewellery party in the evening! (luckily I don't work in the shop on a Monday and the girl that does lives round the corner from it so as least the shop will be open!)
                        It's good to know I've not been the only one the only one whos had a problem!
                        xxx
                        Helen xxx
                        www.pinkanddizzy.co.uk

Comment

Last Tues I phoned Bury market to ask if they were opening on Wed, we had 6inch of snow and its a 45 mile trip over the Pennines to the market. the answer was "what snow" Bury hasnt had any apart from a light sprinkle!!
                          So shovel and snow chains in the car and I got there on Wed
                          Thurs we got another 6inch of the white stuff, Bury still got none, so struggled to get there on Fri!! come to go home and a 7 car pile up had blocked the M62! 20 mile tale backs, so we crossed the Pennines by Woodhead pass. as anybody who knows this road will tell you its dangerous at the best of times, but when it snows you dont go there. Funny thing was it was clear and empty of traffic, we got home in record time
                          Sat the snow here was packed down so we drove on it OK, got to the market and back without problem as there was hardly any cars on the road. And we had a fantastic days trading ( for Feb)
                          Now the really good news (Peter please note Im being positive here) Bury market fine you £25 if your not open and trading by 9am, but in veiw of the weather they have let us off as we didnt open till 10am both Wed and Fri.
                          A tip for those not used to the snow is dont clear the white stuff of your car roof, the extra weight gives you more traction, then when you get to a motorway hit 85mph and the stuff will start to side off. I usually move into the 3rd lane and wait till a flash big BMW or Audi are behind me, preferably one with those silly blue and red fashing lights fixed to there roofs
                          Of cause Antynet was driving if anybody asks

Comment

Originally posted by Pink and Dizzy View Post
                            Oh God no I'd hate to go back to having a 'normal' job (except the money would be nice lol)
                            I love my shop thats why I'm so gutted I can't get in there at the mo! The snow is still frozen solid this morning like a brick wall behind my car but I think I'm going to have to get my boyfriend digging our way out today as I have to go out tomorrow as doing a jewellery party in the evening! (luckily I don't work in the shop on a Monday and the girl that does lives round the corner from it so as least the shop will be open!)
                            It's good to know I've not been the only one the only one whos had a problem!
                            xxx
                            I note that you live in Swindon. Last night on the news they showed the "magic roundabout" in Swindon! covered in snow saying that nobody knew how to get round it!!! What!!!! I take a van down there twice a year to sell surplus stuff to a guy and at that roundabout you put the hazard flashers on blow the horn and GO!! or have I been doing it wrong all these years

Comment

Working...
                            X