thread closed ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thread closed ????

sorry if I upset anyone but I did post it in the other stuff - non craft related part ???? didnt' think it would be a problem
    www.sunrisecards.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5877781?ref=ts
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/sunris...all&ref=search

I can see where you are coming from, but it was the subject, not really appropriate for children, it made me feel uncomfortable too
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

We are trying so hard to keep this as a Craft Forum - the internet is full of forums for mums, angst ridden teens, suicidal gerbils, and psychotic camels, let's stick to what we are known for! TipTop closed the thread - I would have deleted it.

Comment

sorry to everyone
        didn't mean to offend !!
        www.sunrisecards.co.uk
        http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5877781?ref=ts
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/sunris...all&ref=search

Comment

What is the age of the youngest member on here anyway? I dont htink it was that risky of a subject! There are a lot worse things to be talking about. Yes its a craft forum, but it was in the non craft area.

But maybe im just a little more open minded and would talk about anything lol lol!
          Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Ah but there could be guests, especially as a lot of them were off school 'cos of snow
            MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

[quote=handcrafted;176946]What is the age of the youngest member on here anyway? quote]

The point is that this forum aims to have content suitable for all ages.
              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Would talk about alcohol and drunkeness fall in appropriate for children category?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                  We are trying so hard to keep this as a Craft Forum - the internet is full of forums for mums, angst ridden teens, suicidal gerbils, and psychotic camels, let's stick to what we are known for! TipTop closed the thread - I would have deleted it.
                  can you point me in the direction of the psychotic camels one? I have a bit of a problem.........

Seriously though, I go to new or todays posts as I like to read about other crafts as well as jewellery and also like to see what everyone else has been up to; but lately, there have been so many not actually related to crafts at all that I think tippy, peter and all the other moderators are correct to start pulling people up on it.
                  www.beadlab.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
                    can you point me in the direction of the psychotic camels one? I have a bit of a problem.........

Seriously though, I go to new or todays posts as I like to read about other crafts as well as jewellery and also like to see what everyone else has been up to; but lately, there have been so many not actually related to crafts at all that I think tippy, peter and all the other moderators are correct to start pulling people up on it.

Have to say I agree (even though I may have been guilty of posting non-related ones too)

Think it must be something to do with the weather and post-Christmas blues.

Hopefully, everyone will start selling again and cheer up. My motto-it could be worse!
                    Diane
                    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by staceyjlew View Post
                      Would talk about alcohol and drunkeness fall in appropriate for children category?
                      You point being?....................Should we moderate more strictly then?

Comment

i think the mods do a good job and don`t need to change
                        personally i like reading the non craft threads as i feel i can get to know the other members a little better.
                        i have been guilty of joking about alcahol, but thats what it is a little light hearted banter,maybe i`d better stop that

Comment

It was just a general question. Out of interest to see what the youngest member was.

If we cant talk about non crafts stuff why have a non crafts area! Of course certain things can be too OTT and need to be moderated. But i for one have benefited from the non crafts area when i was going through a bad time. I still am going through it but dont post about it for fear of being told i cant. But its ok as i have other places i can go to to talk about it.
                          Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

In a word . . . . .

NO.

You mods do a great job - you all have your own way of dealing with things and it works.

Why fix what aint broke?
                            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Nope, I like the forum the way it is , I just didn't see the harm in the other thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X