New Flat - One Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Flat - One Issue

I have found a flat with 2 girls. Its not that expensive at all and i met one of the girls and get on really well. We have paid the agency fee and its all settled. Its a huge flat!

There is a possibilty that i can take my 2 cats! the agency will ask the owner and il find out on friday when i hand in my forms. The girl that i have spoken too says she isnt very keen as she feels they are smelly and messy! I assured her that they are very well trained house cats and i would be responsible for any mess/damage they make. She says thats ok and if they are allowed in the flat she would be ok with that.

But i hope this doesnt turn into a sticky point between us. Should i just go with my other plan and rehome my cats? My ex doesnt want them! Im already having to rehome my dog Flynn! If there is a chance i can take them then i want to grab it.

The 3rd girl coming into the flat, well i havnt even met her. Shes only going to be in for 5 months anyway then we'l need to fill her room again. So i dont think she is fussed.

Pagan cat has never been outside and Milo cat was brought up as an inside cat. He is occasionally let out with me but hasnt been out since October! He hates the cold. So they would both settle in the flat.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

hmmmm, its a bit of a situation, I think would depend on how much the other girl doesn't want the cats there and if she really isn't happy about it then how much do you want the flat? At the end of the day if you really want the flat then you will have to live together and if she isn't happy with the situation it may cause some problems. Is there no one that you know that would be willing to take them in, that way you would still be able to see them as much as you want.

Website - www.cherryblossomjewellerydesigns.co.uk
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cherry-Blossom-Jewellery-Designs/127033020677024

Comment

I think the other girl was more concerned with any mess or damage they might do. I said they are very well house trained and that i would cover any damage if they do any.

Im still not 100% sure they will be allowed. Il find out on Friday. Its just so far iv been getting on really well with this girl and i dnt want to mess it up. The cats will be happy anywhere that they are togther and have food and loving. I would need to give them to a local sanctuary. I dont know anyone that would want them.
      Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

If you are allowed to keep them you could maybe aggree to a trial period for them, but if she is not too bothered it may work out alright.

Website - www.cherryblossomjewellerydesigns.co.uk
        Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cherry-Blossom-Jewellery-Designs/127033020677024

Comment

It would be nice if you could keep them!

But make sure you check with the 3rd girl first, it would be horrible for her if she hate cats or is allergic to animals or something and didnt feel like she could say anything if they are already there when she arrives.

Comment

I hope you can keep your cats too, but I too would advise to check with the 3rd girl. While I love cats I am very allergic to them and wouldn't be able to share a place with them, so just in case there is any issue give her a call and double check. I thought it was funny though, when me and hubby first met, his mum used to have a couple of cats and she used to put them in another room whenever I went round there, but if they sneaked out they always used to come and try and snuggle up by me! Perhaps they thought I didn't like them and were trying to make friends, bless 'em
            Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Tough one. I have two cats and a dog so understand how you feel about them However its a lot to ask of somebody who isn't that keen, you know how contrary cats can be they will probably want to hang around her!! Definitely check out the 3rd girl it would be really uncomfortable to share if there is tension over the cats.Good luck
              www.littlebead.blogspot.com
              www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

it would be a shame to give them up if you don`t have to ,so do check with the other girl and if she is o.k with it have a trial, if after a couple of months it is not working then you can think of finding them a new home.
                i defy anyone to live with an animal and not become attached to them,so you win, they will fall in love with your cats and all will be well...i hope

Comment

Working...
                X