New Hip for Carol Wooppee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hip for Carol Wooppee.

Ten minutes ago I received a telephone call from a Surgeons Secretary asking if I would care to go to a private hospital in Coventry as a private patient, paid for by NHS, 30th January, (3 months earlier than expected) to have a new hip.

I bit her hand off.

How lucky can anyone get. I am packing already. I hope I don't wake ujp and find it is all a dream.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

That's great news!

Sorry you need it, but glad you're getting it, IYSWIM
    Life's not a race, do take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

Sue

Bags Embroidery & Knitting

Comment

Excellent news, my uncle has had both hips replaced so I know how much pain you must be in.

Good luck. (at least you know you should get fed decently)
      Diane
      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
        Excellent news, my uncle has had both hips replaced so I know how much pain you must be in.

Good luck. (at least you know you should get fed decently)
        They said the only thing I would have to pay for is if DH decided to stay and eat with me. I said he will bring sandwiches.Lol
        Carol

Comment

Oh that's great news that you'll be getting one, three months is a long time to be in pain for
          MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Good for you Carol, glad your getting sorted and all paid for too, can't get better than that!! Selina

Comment

Selina, this private hospital is apparently somewhere on the old Walsgrave site but I had never heard of it before.
              Carol

Comment

I've never heard of it before either Carol. I've also never heard of the NHS paying for a private operation either!! But, hey, it doesn't matter does it. At the end of the day as long as you get your hip done, the earlier the better! Selina

Comment

I'm just waiting for someone to prick my bubble.
                  Carol

Comment

Hi carol
                    really really pleased for you............not long till we get yer doing the Can can lol
                    kazxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                      Selina, this private hospital is apparently somewhere on the old Walsgrave site but I had never heard of it before.
                      I didn't know we had any private hospitals in Cov, and would never have guessed it would be up at Walsgrave! Shows how much I know about my hometown. It's great that you have been put 3 months forward!
                      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

All I know Indri, or have been told, is that it is part of the University Hospital complex.
                        Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Selina View Post
                          I've never heard of it before either Carol. I've also never heard of the NHS paying for a private operation either!! But, hey, it doesn't matter does it. At the end of the day as long as you get your hip done, the earlier the better! Selina

I know someone that had an operation performed in a private hospital but paid for by the NHS. I think they sometimes do this to reduce their list waiting times when there is room in the private hospital. Lucky if you can get it. I had to wait 9 months for an emergency op, then I was put in a ward with a nutty old man one side who kept shouting at me (poor soul had dementia and thought I was his wife!!) then they moved me to a ward full of very old ladies with bladder problems!!! nice.

I didn't care by then I was glad to be out of pain and over and done with. (I had been suffering all my life)

Carol- with any luck you will have a private room too, so much nicer than having to share, (at least you should have peace and quiet to recover)

Just remember no leapfrogging until the hip is well and truly healed!
                          Diane
                          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Maybe its one of the buildings just inside the complex... that hospital is huge and I nearly get lost looking for the ultrasound scanning place (which is near quite a few operating theatres, so it feels like you're on the wrong floor!).
                            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Can't hoover, use washing machine or oven for 12 weeks

Already got DH in training.
                              Carol

Comment

Working...
                              X