Wayhey, SNOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayhey, SNOW!

Went shopping this morning and it was hoofing it down with rain on the way home, sat at home watching the rain fall, with everything looking all wet and miserable, and then there was snow in with the rain, and then the snow took over completely.

Given how wet it was out there, I am rather surprised that it has stuck, it did ease off a bit and all the pavements and road started to ger all wet again, but now they are snow covered again, and that sky looks really full of it.

Woooohoooo, I likes the snow
    www.jos-beaded-designs.com

It was snowing for a little while here in Newcastle as well. I can't agree with you about snow though..I absolutely HATE it !

Anice xx
    Funkyhand x
    my website
    http://www.funkyhand.com
    my blog (updated 09/06/10)
    http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on Twitter
    http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

W had somain this morning and then the sun took over. No snow here at all. Anyone who hates snow will have to move to Coventry. We're not very good at snow.
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

No snow here yet, but its really cold... I thought spring was on its way it had got milder the last couple of days.
        Sarah

Comment

no snow in Shropshire ......brrr its cold enough to though !!!
          Kazxx

Comment

We've had rain showers - there's a sprinkling of snow higher up.
            ElaineJ soap and other stuff
            website
            blog

Comment

I went into Morrisons and it was dry and sunny, came out and it was thick with snow
              It's stopped now though and if there's no more, it won't lie.

Comment

We got some in Yorkshire this afternoon but its not stuck.
                Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

we got floods down South, sea defences have been breeched and we are still weeks away from spring tides, sandbags at the ready. There is a HUGE ship spraying stones onto the beach tonight to try and hold it.
                  Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
                  I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

No snow here but bucket loads of rain, coming along the sea road this morning on the school run the puddles had reached to almost the middle of the road and were fairly deep. Hope we don't get much more as Ive got to go to Colchester tomorrow along the back roads.!!!!!!

BTW you can keep your snow, it's actually slightly milder here today.
                    Diane
                    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Kay View Post
                      we got floods down South, sea defences have been breeched and we are still weeks away from spring tides, sandbags at the ready. There is a HUGE ship spraying stones onto the beach tonight to try and hold it.

Crossing my fingers you don't get it any worse then! We don't get floods much where I live, advantage of the river (more of a stream) being under concrete and the house being on a hill.
                      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

It was like a blizzard here! but it hasn't stuck...yet!
                        MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Most of us long to live besides the sea in the Summer but when you hear of the flood barriers being breached you remember that there is always a down side to everything.
                          Carol
                          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hayling Island must be bad, the live surf cam has gone off line due to a socket error!!!!!! (it's probably got water in it)

Have they ever used stone throwing before to stop the breech? did it work?

Luckily the sea here is well below the house levels although parts of Jaywick are right on the sea front and they occasionally get flooded. Some of the houses have been built on stilts!
                            Diane
                            Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                              Most of us long to live besides the sea in the Summer but when you hear of the flood barriers being breached you remember that there is always a down side to everything.

That's when I'd live on a nice solid Granite cliff..... less likely to have the cliff erode beneath you while you live there.
                              View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X