Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I take my tree down?

I need your help.

I don't know what to do, it looks so pretty and has barely dropped any needles, but if I don't do it today, it'll be next week, and I'd love the extra space back!

I asked my dad and he says I can leave it up 'til Michaelmas (end of January).

What to do?

Please vote, and can you give reasons why, and if 'no' when should I do it?

Thanks
    Yes
    95.00%
    No
    5.00%
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Sounds as if it has roots, can you plant it somewhere nearby then you could visit it now and again. Even dig it up next year and use again. Now is that ecconomical or is it tight.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I thought about doing that, but I have no where to put it. I was going to ask my dad if i could plant it in his garden.
      Either way planting or chucking. Just found out that Gareth has got a new company car today.....and no amount of begging will get him to take it in there!

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
        I thought about doing that, but I have no where to put it. I was going to ask my dad if i could plant it in his garden.
        Either way planting or chucking. Just found out that Gareth has got a new company car today.....and no amount of begging will get him to take it in there!
        OOps. Oh dear, no crisps in the back seat then.
        Carol

Comment

don't all decorations have to be down by the 6th of january or scary things will happen? am i wrong about that?

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Comment

I think it depends whether or not you believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden but, in theory - yes - but I've often missed the deadline.
            Carol

Comment

Originally posted by elzi View Post
              don't all decorations have to be down by the 6th of january or scary things will happen? am i wrong about that?

Exactly what I thought, twelve night or something?????

I think it would be lovely to plant it and let it grow.

We had an artificial tree this year (borrowed from my parents because our own collapsed after I put it up) but I also bought a tiny real one which we will be planting somewhere in the garden, just to see how big it will grow!!!
              Diane
              Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Hee hee, nothing bad has happened yet!

I don't know whether my dad is winding me up about the michaelmas thing though. Does anybody else know what he's on about?

Comment

I reckon its time it came down!!! Like you said you would like the space back. I think Christmas decorations start looking a bit sad an pathetic (however nice they are) once New Year is over and we are all back slaving away at work!
                  View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

If you don't wanna take it down, then don't.

I once took my christmas decorations down at Easter.
                    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

You could have turned it into an Easter egg tree.
                      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

They'll have to come down by then because we decorate the house for easter too.
                        I could turn it into an easter tree, we normally just have a little plant decorated with wooden eggs and things

Comment

Good grief woman, take it down, it's 17th January!!!!

I love how big my living room looks once the tree comes down. I usually put all my Christmas stuff away on 1st or 2nd Jan, once the new year begins it all feels rather redundant to me.
                          Elinor
                          x

My Misi page
                          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Might have to take it down tomorrow after work then! Maybe.

Comment

chants "TAKE IT DOWN, TAKE IT DOWN, TAKE IT DOWN!!"
                              Diane
                              Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
                              X