Facebook query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook query

I like to think that I am reasonably IT litererate, but I've never really 'got' the whole Facebook thing - I've looked & friends have shown me their pages, but it just doesn't excite me.

Anyway, I have some google analytics code on my web page which tells me how many visitors I've had, where they're from (got really excited when we had a 'hit' from Holywood!) and what source they're from e.g. in the last month I've had 67 visitors from the 'craft forum' (thanks guys, hope you liked the site!) - I presume from people clicking on my signature which takes them to the site.

It also tells me I've had several referals from 'facebook.com'. Now, not being a facebook user, I've never put a link to my site on Facebook. Does this mean that someone else has typed my url onto their 'wall' (I think its called!)? If so, I'm obviously very grateful! Is there any way of finding out where this (or any other) reference is on Facebook?

If anyone can shed any light on this, and facebook in general, I'd be grateful!

Jeff
    site: www.dotsandspots.biz
    blog: http://dotsandspotsdesign.blogspot.com/
    MISI page: www.dotsandspots.misi.me.uk

hello,

I've had a look around your site previously by clicking on the sig. It's a very nice site and I like your stuff.

I meant to message you ages ago to say that you've made a mistake in the comment code so that under your menu it says "<!-- end of buttons>" (you're missing two --) but I've just had a look and realised your site looks totally different in IE and that the bad comment code isn't there in IE.
    Also in IE you have a kind of red spotty background on the menu that doesn't show up in my firefox browser.
    Actually I think your site looks better in firefox if I'm allowed to say that.

As for facebook if your stats aren't showing the exact facebook page url then that's a bit weird. Maybe you're right someone has put your url somewhere on facebook but possibly on a page not publicly visible to search engines. I think most people have their profile page set to private?
    I guess you won't be able to know who it is unless who ever it is ever mentions it!

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Comment

Elzi

Many thanks for your comments about the cards, my website and attempting to answer my facebook question!

Oddly enough, I happened to visit the site at work on Firefox yesterday and saw exactly what you mentioned. The tag at the end of the buttons is clearly a mistake - oops! As for the red spotty background in IE thats not there in Firefox (not sure why it, its supposed to be!) an interesting thought. I can see what you mean about the white background (firefox) looking better than ther the red spots (IE): not sure which I prefer now! Anyway, I shall fudge the issue as I have a whole load of new designs coming soon (just finished making them, now need to photo them & upload them etc.) and this will coincide with a completley redisigned site. Perhaps when thats up and running (a couple of weeks maybe) I could ask for your opinion again?

Thanks again for your kind words and help,

Jeff
      site: www.dotsandspots.biz
      blog: http://dotsandspotsdesign.blogspot.com/
      MISI page: www.dotsandspots.misi.me.uk

Comment

No problems.
        I think in general white backgrounds are thought easier to use and look 'cleaner'. A trend that supposedly helped google along with their popular simplistic homepage design. Can't say I always follow that principle myself when creating sites though...
        Hope it goes well with all the new stuff!

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Comment

Working...
        X