well thats that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well thats that

i have sadly put my tiara and wedding shoes on ebay and it has made me deel abit sick. but needs must next is the wedding dess, cavart and waistcoats

am i the only one thats sad about putting there wedding stuff up for sale
    Racheal
    www.soapsudsandsalts.co.uk

ohhh dear..I didn't have a wedding dress etc 20 odd years ago

I got married in 2 piece made by my mum as I was 6 months pregnant,lol.

can't you store your dress if you really don't want to sell it ?
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
    my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
    my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

oh god no! Take them off take them off!!!! Package them all up and store them! You might want to make a christening gown from your dress and then pass it down the family? Sell the suits though. he he.
      Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Oh no! I don't think I'd be able to sell the dress or tiara either!

I'm not married but I can imagine what they symbolise to you.
        My mum kept her wedding dress, and two years ago when it was my parents silver wedding, my mum dug it out.
        My mum, sister and me all tried it on, it wouldn't zip up for me but my mum could still fit into it.
        Anyway she decided it was too tatty and didn't know what she was keeping it for so she binned it. i was mortified
        MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

I eventually cut mine up and made a Christening Dress for my daughter Becky. He had already gone so there was no emotional tie to it. If you are still happily married it must be an awful wrench to part with it.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I don't think I could do that to my wedding things. I love my dress to much to part with it and I know I can always dye my wedding shoes a different colour so I can wear them for some other occassion if I wanted.
            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
              I don't think I could do that to my wedding things. I love my dress to much to part with it and I know I can always dye my wedding shoes a different colour so I can wear them for some other occassion if I wanted.
              Ah, but I was a wee bit bitter and twisted by then Indri.
              Carol

Comment

can't have kids so christining gowns are out but i dont want to do it but i need hte money
                Racheal
                www.soapsudsandsalts.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                  Ah, but I was a wee bit bitter and twisted by then Indri.
                  I have a friend who also did the christening gown thing, and they're still happily married. I really should dig my dress out of my parents house and get it stored at mine! They are bound to get fed up of it eventually!
                  View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by rhulme View Post
                    can't have kids so christining gowns are out but i dont want to do it but i need hte money
                    Sorry to hear you are unable to have children, and also that you are in a financial position that has left you feeling like you've got no choice *hugs*

I've been in a situation where we've been so desperate for money that I've thought about selling my wedding dress, shoes and tiara but just couldn't bring myself to do it... and thankfully hubby wouldn't let me!! It feels like selling my wedding clothes, etc would be like selling a part of me and I just couldn't bring myself to do it

Comment

Needs must I suppose. After I left my husband I wanted to sell my wedding things and my aunt and cousin said they would sell them on the internet (7 years ago I didnt have a computer and didnt know much about the internet and ebay etc). I agreed and said whatever they could get for it all I would be happy with.

I'm not very close to my cousin and aunt and had moved 60 odd miles away from them. I have spoken to them a couple of times since and not once has my stuff been mentioned and I never received a penny.

I recall vaguely my aunt telling my mum that my cousin's fiance was going to use my dress to make her own wedding dress, but they still live together and didnt get married.

So if you need the money then go ahead and sell it, what's the point in having a lovely dress which you won't wear again when the money is of more benefit.

Good luck I hope you get a good price
                      Diane
                      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

If it was me and considering how little wedding dresses go for on feebay I would keep it ,would be nice to pass it on to nieces for their wedding day, or at least set a reserve on it if you really do have to sell it so it doesn't go for silly money
                        Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                        my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                        my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
                          I have a friend who also did the christening gown thing, and they're still happily married. I really should dig my dress out of my parents house and get it stored at mine! They are bound to get fed up of it eventually!
                          You sound just like my daughter. She has been married twice and all her first wedding paraphinalia is still in boxes in my attic, it even moved houses with us despite my broad hints. I must have another go about it. Wish me luck.
                          Carol

Comment

My wedding dress, bolero and shoes were all packed away a few days after the wedding but they come out now and again when I feel like looking at them. My tiara was with them but came back out earlier this year when a friend of a friend that couldn't afford one for her daughter's prom borrowed it. There have been a few times when I've been strapped for cash that I've considered trying to sell it but then I think not - I paid £600 for it and it was half price in the sale and there is no way I'm letting it go for around £50 which is what it'll fetch, if I'm lucky. Call me tight if you want but the pleasure I get when I look at it is worth more than any £50.

I wouldn't sell it if I were you.

PS for Carol - the only way you'll get your daughter to take her stuff is if you actually take them round to her house. Do it!
                            Last edited by auntynet; 09-01-2009, 10:23 PM.
                            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                              You sound just like my daughter. She has been married twice and all her first wedding paraphinalia is still in boxes in my attic, it even moved houses with us despite my broad hints. I must have another go about it. Wish me luck.
                              It's only the dress thats left of wedding stuff, otherwise they are doing a good job storing my other tat I've kept over the years (boxes of carebears, my little ponies and random GCSE art projects spring to mind!)
                              View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X