Sorting out the gas bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorting out the gas bill

My OH is gonna kill me for telling you all but I can't keep it to myself any longer. A couple of you know about the problem we've been having with the gas bill - to cut a very long story short . . . .

we have a metric gas meter but have been billed as if it was an imperial one which basically means that we've been paying almost 3 times more than we should have been and its been going on for at least 3 years, maybe even longer but we only discovered exactly why our bills were so high just before christmas.

but today we had a major breakthrough . . . .

We were filmed by Watchdog from the BBC and we're gonna be on TV!

Hopefully it will be what we need to get our money back and also to highlight the problem to others - the researchers told us today that they have 40 complaints the same as ours.

My only worry now is how stupid I'm gonna sound on TV - I have a very strong yorkshire accent - think Seth Armstrong (used to be on Emmerdale) and you'll know what I mean cos he came from the same town that I do - and its sounds absolutely awful on the telly!
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Eeeeeeeeee!!!

You're gonna be famous!
    When's it gonna be on't tele lass? Shud be proud of ya roots. Yer a born an bred yorkshur lass jus like me
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Next monday!
      Auntynet

Comment

No good telling me that, what if there are more than one yorkshire sounding ladies interviewed about their gas bill on the same night??? How will I know it's you????????
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Oh I hope that get's it sorted, will have to remember to watch you next week.

We're having a similar problem with Sainsbury's Phone, it's an absolute nightmare, but a long story which I won't bore you with here!
          "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
          Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
          Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

If you're really nice to her she'll show you piccies (there's one where she's completely lost her marbles)

Comment

No she found them
              "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
              my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

oooh, you're gonna be on telly!! I'll have to remember to watch!! Are you gonna remind us nearer the time? I this what you were referring to in last nights pm?

Hope you get it all sorted out

Comment

Oh good! There was a fair bit of confusion there wasn't there!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
                    No good telling me that, what if there are more than one yorkshire sounding ladies interviewed about their gas bill on the same night??? How will I know it's you????????
                    Dave & Annette from Barnsley - the couple with the building site for a garden!

Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post
                    I this what you were referring to in last nights pm?
                    Yep - worked myself up into a right state about it - both the bill and the fact that they were coming to film us.

Originally they were gonna come to see us on the market yesterday and Nicky Campbell was gonna be there but he couldn't make it (he's a star you know ) so then they rang and said they were coming here and that's when the panic started . . . . . the state of my house!!!!! But I calmed down a bit when they told us he wasn't coming now, just the reseacher and the camera man.
                    Auntynet

Comment

Right, Watchdog Monday, programmed into tv planner...

NOW time for bed....boing said Zebedee
                      Diane
                      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                        Dave & Annette from Barnsley - the couple with the building site for a garden!
                        OMG I've got a cousin David who lives in Barnsley! Seriously!

Comment

I'll definitely try to remember to watch it!! And I'm sure your house and garden aren't that bad!!

I'm off to bed now too

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post
                            I'll definitely try to remember to watch it!! And I'm sure your house and garden aren't that bad!!

I'm off to bed now too
                            I assure you they are!

Will go to Post Office tomorrow to post your brooch. Sweet dreams.

Originally posted by krafty1 View Post
                            OMG I've got a cousin David who lives in Barnsley! Seriously!
                            Where abouts does he live?
                            Auntynet

Comment

No idea, but he's got a brother and a sister......please tell me it's not you OH ?

Comment

Working...
                              X