Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog walking

Thought I'd have a little rant!

Behind my dad's house is a cemetary, where my sister, grandma, and mum are buried. My dad has lived there for over 20 years.

My dad walks the dog there everyday and has done since we got her a year ago. When you first get into the cemetary there is a patch of grass that we throw a ball for the dog on, we let her off the lead, and when she gets bored of fetch the lead goes back on.

The other day a man who works in the cemetary approached my dad and told him that somebody had been keeping a diary of when Susie was walked and by whom, also they claim to have filmed us walking her.
    This person has then written to the council and complained that a cemetary is a place of rest and quiet and that dogs should be banned.

They have complained that we don't keep her under control, and that we let her poo without cleaning it up!

Apparantly the council have informed the cemetary, police and the dog warden, and if we are found walking her there again my dad will get a £60 fine!!!

I think that this is absolute rubbish, we never let her poo without cleaning it up, I cannot stand people that do that. Yes we let her off the lead, but in a controlled environment, and if we see another dog she goes straight back on the lead. My dad has asked around and a couple of people have been approached about the same subject.
    I think that it ridiculous that when my dad goes to visit the graves he is not allowed to take the dog too (he still does regardless).

My dad rang the dog warden to find out more information, and he was told that unless they caught him leaving dog poo that they could not fine him.
    My dad also said that as this person has been claiming to have been watching us all and filming us that he would report this person to the police for stalking us and perving on my 13 year old sister.

I just cannot get over the fact that 9 people out of 10 that walk through the cemetary have a dog with them!
    I can't imagine many graves would get visited if people weren't walking their dogs past them everyday!

Sorry rant over!!!

Does anybody have any advice or have you been in a similar situation?
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Just carry on, do as you are doing and continue to clean up and they cant do anything. The dog warden even said so. and also try and find out who it was that "filmed you" and ask for proof of you leaving your dog doo everywhere. If they cant come up with proof, they dont have you on film, if they dont have you on film, they are just sad sad people with nothing better to do than film people walking dogs in the cemetary.

Comment

I think somebody seriously needs to get a life here, rather than spend their time spying on others. After all, you're a long time dead and you'd think he/she would know that living next to a cemetary!
      Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

We were thinking about all going to the cemetary at 9am on Saturday, and sitting there all day to see if anyone says anything, and also to ask passers by what they think to it all

Comment

I think I'd be tempted to walk around with a huge banner with 'You Sad Git' written across it!
          Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

That is a truly nasty and devious thing to do and for what reason?
            I think that if such filming is to be used against your dad he has a right to see this film.
            I can't believe for a minute that they can remain anonymous, film you without consent and their evidence is not available to be authenticated?
            Your dad should certainly insist on seeing this film.
            Perhaps he could walk there and you could walk far behind him to see if you can see which saddo is spying on him.
            I wish you all the best in getting this resolved.
            Terry xxx
            You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
            Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

it's a shame, there are so many people without a life. I'd ignore it to be honest as long as you clear up after your dog & there are no signs at the gates saying no dogs or whatever forget about it. It's probably some saddo thinking how clever they are, shame they can't find something better to do.
              My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

I seriously think your dad needs to go and speak to the police about the filiming part of this, as that does sound a bit sinister and especially without his permission.

I mean it is illegal to have cctv on your premises, and not have the right notification up about it, and I am pretty sure even with the notices, your camera can only film what's going on on your property.

that definately needs looking it to in my opinion.

And yea, I agree some people with sad lives.
                www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

I think your Dad needs to speak to the police about this as it could be an infringement of his human rights.

Saying that if you google Dog walking laws, some council's state that dogs should not be walked near childrens play area or in cemetary's. It may be worth checking what your local council rules are but if they are not displayed the least it would do is make them rethink.

It sounds to me as if someone is a job's worth over this but does need checking as the filmiing bit is a bit sinister and may inpact on young girls and children if left unchecked.

Comment

Some people really need to get a life!

My best friend is a PCO (police community officer) and can issue on the spot fines for dog fouling - she informs me that as long as you clean up after your dog, you're doing nothing wrong.

One point to think about though, it is illegal to film a minor (ie your 13 year old sister) without the written consent of their parent. Even schools have to get written consent from every parent if one of them wants to film their child in the school play!
                    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Adding to my comment with Auntynet, the Police, if anyone, have the power to discover who is the perpetrator and act for you. Alternatively a pair of binoculars and scan the overlooking houses each visit or does that make you as bad as them??? Perhaps not?
                      Carol
                      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                        Some people really need to get a life!

My best friend is a PCO (police community officer) and can issue on the spot fines for dog fouling - she informs me that as long as you clean up after your dog, you're doing nothing wrong.

One point to think about though, it is illegal to film a minor (ie your 13 year old sister) without the written consent of their parent. Even schools have to get written consent from every parent if one of them wants to film their child in the school play!

I agree with the point about your 13 year old sister. I was once taking a photo of my own daughter at a swimming lesson (on my phone) and was asked to put it away before it was confiscated!!!

I think I would have to write in the letters page of my local newspaper about this. Who in their right mind films people walking their dog in a cemetery, nobody normal surely???? It must be someone who lives overlooking that part of the cemetery, how would they like it if you stood and stared at their windows?????? or took photos of their house?????? (think I would try that next time I was out with the dog to provoke a reaction!)
                        Diane
                        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

ooh Carol, same train of thought as me!!!
                          Diane
                          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
                            I think I would have to write in the letters page of my local newspaper about this. Who in their right mind films people walking their dog in a cemetery, nobody normal surely????

This person (still not found out who it is, for some reason they want to remain anonymous!) has been writing into the local newspaper to say how they feel that dog walkers should not be allowed into the cemetary as it is disrespectful!
                            When you say to my dog 'we're going to see mummy' she gets all excited and then goes to get her lead, and when we get to the cemetary she knows exactly which grave to go to, I think my mum would be fuming if she was here to see this. How can you call that disrespectful?!

Thank you for all your replies, at least I know that I'm not just being daft, and this whole charade is ridiculous

Comment

Could you ask the council or who ever if it is alright to walk your dog and if they say it is, could you not get it in writing?

I don't like the sound of whoever is filming you either, it gives me the creeps just thinking about it!

You could try replying to the letters in the paper, pointing out that you have relatives in the cemetry (list them, be REALLY pedantic!) and say what has happened so far with your stalker (call them that! maybe it'll shock them in to sense)

I reported neighbours of ours to the dog warden at Bournemouth. A couple in their late 50's had 3 small yappy dogs. They let them poo everywhere, including the small green where the kids played. The wife would pick the poo out of their garden and dump it on the green. They didn't take any notice of anyone. My daughter was 3 and I was heavily pregnant (re: very hormonal!!) and couldn't let Zoe play out because of all the mess. And the bloody things barked at her, scaring the living daylights out of her.

Anyhow, the final straw was coming home and finding crap on our doorstep. I completely flaked out, picked it up and dumped it on theirs, went straight home and called the warden. I didn't stay anonamous, I told EVERYONE it was me!

It stopped them though but you're a responsible dog owner and not doing any harm.

I hope it turns out ok,
                              Debbie
                              Debbie
                              http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...?id=1262375772

http://www.folksy.com/shops/purplemac

http://purplemac.misi.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X