All for nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All for nothing

I just downloaded and installed Zencart to my wobsite host, only to find, that after deleting wordpress, and spending ages uploading all the files, that my host doesnt allow it.meaning i will have to delete the files and re-install wordpress and stick to my origional plan. Bloody pain in the bum.

i'm not such a happy bunny now

Bummer snowgoose. Mind you that is unusual most hosting companies provide Zencart and/or OSCommerce as standard.

Who is your hosting with? Did they give you access to CPanel?
    Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
    Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
    Facebook Page

Comment

Oh no ! I hate it when things like that happen (I've had my fair share...). Its very frustrating and the only thing you 'get' from it is learning to try and suss out compatability before making changes next time (but have to say that doesnt always work either... ho hum....)
      Mel

Comment

well, im not using them for hosting now, so am doing some web hunting for a new host

just a really big downer

Comment

Oooh snowgoose, I know someone that does hosting, and they are very reasonable, my other half just took his website there and got it at something like £20 for a year.

If you are interested let me know and I will dig the information out for you.
          www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Hi Delta, that sounds very interesting, if you could PM me the info i would be very grateful

Thanks

Jake

Comment

things maybe arent as bad as they seem. I have just found a host ( thanks Delta ) and i just finished working out individual costs of beads, well most of them

Now i just need to plan the site

Comment

Glad to be of help, I only stumbled across him accidently on another forum when I was looking for hosting for my other half's website, as the 'host' had just taken the server offline for maintainence and he was wanting £30 per 6 months , so t'other half was looking for an alternative.
                www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Jake I tried quite a few hosts for Zencart and some run so slowly i had to leave-(painful cos it takes sooo long to set it all up) i now host mine on Bravenet its cheap and works efficiently and allows me to host up to 10 domains
                  Chris xx
                  My Website
                  My Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X