Christmas is finally over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas is finally over!

We took the decorations down this morning - took us nearly 2 hours to get it all packed away in boxes... and now its all back under the stairs ready for another Christmas (only 354 days to Christmas!). The house looks really bear now! Still there's more room to move round now the tree has come down!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

I really don't want to take my tree down, it's still going strong! Not dropped at all, it would seem such a waste, I think i'll leave it another week. I know it is supposed to come down by Monday/Tuesday though
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

we took our decs down today too.... House looks really bare!! and to add to the mood in my house we are back to work again tomorrow.

I'm going to have to get up at 6am!! as at the moment i've been getting up at about 11.30am!! thats going to be a bit of a shock to the system as specially has i have had nearly 3 weeks off!!

So thats decs down
      back to work at 7am start
      Diet
      Dont get paid for ages
      Helen Victoria
      classic and contempory, bespoke jewellery for any occasion
      Phoenix Trader
      http://www.helen-victoria.co.uk
      [email protected]
      www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Helen-Victoria-Jewellery/152577689219?ref=mf.

Comment

That's true, but at least you can relax now, knowing that there is nothing to plan for a while
        MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Originally posted by helenvictoria View Post
          I'm going to have to get up at 6am!! as at the moment i've been getting up at about 11.30am!! thats going to be a bit of a shock to the system as specially has i have had nearly 3 weeks off!!

So thats decs down
          back to work at 7am start
          Diet
          Dont get paid for ages
          Yes, that sounds like my house - our alarm goes off at 5.50am so hubby can get up to get the bus to work in time, and then back to work for us both! Only consolation for me is I'm counting down the days to maternity leave (must hand in my leave form in the next 3-4 weeks). Only 3 1/2 months of work then I'm off for the rest of 2009!!!!!!! Why do the students have to be back as well???? Roll on Easter!
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Took my christmas tree down today. It hasnt felt like christmas at all this year. Moving right on top of christmas hasnt helped though. i normally love christmas but not this time. Hopefully this year will be better. I need to buy a bigger tree though, Stood mine on a table as its only a little 4ft one to make it look bigger

I'm not looking forward to going to work tomorrow either. Ive been off since the 19th, my first holiday for 7 months! I no longer live 10 mins from work so i'll have to get out of bed earlier to get there on time haha
            http://www.folksy.com/shops/SoapsByLaura
            http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Soaps-By-Laura

Comment

That's true, but at least you can relax now, knowing that there is nothing to plan for a while
              This is true. I am using up the last of the brussel sprouts this evening cooking roast beef, so no more planning, big meal cooking.......

Only consolation for me is I'm counting down the days to maternity leave (must hand in my leave form in the next 3-4 weeks). Only 3 1/2 months of work then I'm off for the rest of 2009!!!!!!!
              wow congratulations!!!!! take this time to relax and put your feet up as when your bundle comes you'll be rushed of your feet!!
              Helen Victoria
              classic and contempory, bespoke jewellery for any occasion
              Phoenix Trader
              http://www.helen-victoria.co.uk
              [email protected]
              www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Helen-Victoria-Jewellery/152577689219?ref=mf.

Comment

Tree coming down tonight, as I am getting sick of the decorations falling of it every time the dog swishes his tail, plus the dog will be happier as he gets the bay to himself.

Nearly back to normal, monsters back at school tomorrow (even if it does mean a 7am wake up) and hopefully his lordship will be well enough to go back to work Wednesday night.
                www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Took all my cards down last night and sat cutting all the bits i wanted to keep, and took the indoor decs down too.
                  Then today took the tree and outside lights down and that's it all packed away now up in the attic.

And no, I didn't feel at all Christmassy this year either.

Comment

Mine will come down tomorrow. Not sure if the outside decs will come down cos stepson has to do it and he's cracked a rib so he wont be stretching around at the top of tall ladders for a few weeks yet.

I'm still considering leaving them up - they've been up for 3 years now and never come down so one more year won't make any difference! Also, during our drunken family gathering on NY's Day, we discovered that stepson's girlfriend is 21 at Spring Bank Holiday so we decided that we should have a christmas party, complete with Christmas tree, lights, Noddy Holder & Wizzard (the music, not the people ) and a BBQ on Bank Holiday Monday. It will mean that I get to boss OH and the boys around before hand to make sure the back garden is finally done!

Dontcha just love getting on the neighbours' nerves?
                    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                      we discovered that stepson's girlfriend is 21 at Spring Bank Holiday so we decided that we should have a christmas party, complete with Christmas tree, lights, Noddy Holder & Wizzard (the music, not the people ) and a BBQ on Bank Holiday Monday.
                      And why can't you invite Noddy Holder along? Maybe you should write to Jim'll Fix it!!!
                      View my flickr

Comment

The tree and decorations came down on New Year's Day in our house. Everything is back to normal and the cutting table is out ready for me to start work tomorrow on 5 bridesmaid dresses, needed for a Valentine's Day wedding! On top of that, I have my first craft market of the year next Friday and I am desperately trying to come up with some new ideas.
                        Life's not a race, do take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

Sue

Bags Embroidery & Knitting

Comment

Sounds like you'll be busy with those bridesmaids dresses!!
                          View my flickr

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
                            Only consolation for me is I'm counting down the days to maternity leave (must hand in my leave form in the next 3-4 weeks). Only 3 1/2 months of work then I'm off for the rest of 2009!!!!!!!

Congratulations. A new buddle for 2009 - lovely. Time to maternity leave will fly by.

My decorations came down today. Its nice and bare but I like it. Love them going up, love them coming down.

Kids back to school Tuesday so one more lie in. Hurray.
                            Amanda
                            xx

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
                              Sounds like you'll be busy with those bridesmaids dresses!!
                              Yeah! It was almost a year ago that I took the order but I didn't see the point in starting them until after the Christmas feasting!

I'll try to get some photos and post them later.

BTW Congratulations! A summer baby - lovely! I'm just waiting for the arrival of my first grandson - Jack - in about 7 weeks.
                              Last edited by knitnstitchsue; 04-01-2009, 09:15 PM.
                              Life's not a race, do take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

Sue

Bags Embroidery & Knitting

Comment

Working...
                              X