Sod's Law!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sod's Law!

I love slobby sunday afternoons and having some "us" time, thats just me and OH and no kids around! They are grown up now but still at home so we've learned that one of the best ways to get rid of them is to watch and old fashioned cowboy movie on TV. With so many channels available there's usually one on somewhere - or so you'd think!

Over the last few months there's not been one on so I decided to buy my OH a boxed set of 100 cowboy classics as a christmas present. There are some fab titles amongst them . . .

Big Boy Rides Again; The Gay Ranchero; The Kids Last Ride; One Eyed Jacks; Night Time In Nevada - Urbrtaf wonders if they really are cowboy films! Of course there are some better known films amongst them like The Yellow Rose of Texas, The Lone Ranger and a few others.

My gift itself has great "cheese factor" and has gone down quite well considering how naff it is but after forking out all that money for it we tune into the TV today to find no less than 5 cowboy films to choose from!

Sometimes you just can't win.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
    Big Boy Rides Again; The Gay Ranchero; The Kids Last Ride; One Eyed Jacks; Night Time In Nevada - Urbrtaf wonders if they really are cowboy films!

ha ha. that made me giggle!
    Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
      Big Boy Rides Again; The Gay Ranchero; The Kids Last Ride; One Eyed Jacks; Night Time In Nevada - Urbrtaf wonders if they really are cowboy films!
      Just the titles alone of those ones are enough to ensure the "kids" leave the room pronto,lol
      Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
      my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
      my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

'Big Boy Rides Again'.... that made me hoot !
        Mel

Comment

ahahaha typical, aint it?!?! many slobby Sundays ahead, then?
          Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Hee hee!
            MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Really funny!! I was saying that with today's standards being a problem with the bbc and such they should do re-runs of people such as morcombe and wise and russ abbott!!
              My kids do not have a clue who they are and I feel they are missing out!!
              Rach

Facebook
              Website
              Blog
              Folksy

Comment

Originally posted by GlamGlass View Post
                I was saying that with today's standards being a problem with the bbc and such they should do re-runs of people such as morcombe and wise and russ abbott!!

Give us a break - there's cheese and then there's cheese!

I noticed that this year there's a programme on called Stanley Baxter - Then and Now. I remember watching (and dare I say it, enjoying) his programmes as a child but do I really want to watch him again, all these years later? Not really!
                Last edited by auntynet; 28-12-2008, 11:43 PM.
                Auntynet

Comment

And a lot of it isn't very politicaly correct these days.
                  "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                  my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
                    And a lot of it isn't very politicaly correct these days.
                    Well I'm one of those people that don't give a damn about political correctness - I know we should but if its funny, its funny!

Auntynet

Comment

quiet agree it's all gone to far buts thats why they won't repeat.
                      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Sorry but the BBC are hypocrites!! They uphold taste and decency and then have the filth of little britain!!

Kids need some tongue in cheek humour, not tongues in as many places as possible humour!!
                        Rach

Facebook
                        Website
                        Blog
                        Folksy

Comment

I do feel it is a shame that the kids today are missing out on some great humor that is not around today.
                          there is very little that i find funny now, am i just being old and grumpy or do you agree
                          it would be nice to know I`m not the only one

Comment

Originally posted by GlamGlass View Post
                            Sorry but the BBC are hypocrites!! They uphold taste and decency and then have the filth of little britain!!

Kids need some tongue in cheek humour, not tongues in as many places as possible humour!!

I like it, and I agree there's funny and there's filth. I'm no prude but some of what the BBC call funny comedy these days has me cringing and I'm glad my two littleuns are in bed by the time it comes on, although saying that, even Eastenders is a bit near the knuckle these days!!!
                            Diane
                            Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
                            X