hug your kids today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hug your kids today

I heard yesterday that the younger brother of a child I used to work with had died on Saturday. He had cystic fibrosis and although his parents had done their best to give him as normal a life as possible within the constraints of the disease, cf beat him. He leaves a brother and 2 sisters as well as his parents.

I can't imagine how they feel, my sister lost her 6 year old son to a brain tumour and it was awful, but I was not the parent. Spare a thought for this family and others in the same situation this Christmas. Give your kids a hug, even if they are being awkward/ hyper/ noisy/ fighting/ messy - there are worse alternatives.
    Julia

http://www1.freewebs.com/jaydee67/index.htm

Makes you realise how lucky you are, even when, like you say, your kids are driving you mad, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.
    "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
    Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Oh, I am so very sorry to hear about this ((hugs)). I am keeping the family and friends in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to lose a child. My grandad passed away a month ago and it was SO hard but he had lived his life and enjoyed it - that poor little child hadn't even experienced much of his life ((hugs)). When my grandad passed away, it really made me realise that I need to tell my friends and family that I love them as you just don't know what is round the corner. My grandad passed away very suddenly and I never got the chance to say all of those things that I wanted to and I still regret it to this day.

I am keeping the family of this child in my thoughts and prayers.

Alison.

Comment

I tell my son and husband every day that I love them. I cannot let them go to sleep without resolving any disagreement nor can i let them go to school/work with bad feeling hanging over them. Losing anybody is hard enough but I hope I never have to go through the unbearable pain of losing a child.
        www.littlebead.blogspot.com
        www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Oh that's so very sad.

Having lost grandparents and my parents and other family members,
          and knowing how sad those times were I cannot begin to image how painful and heartbreaking it must be to lose a child.

My thoughts are with those families.

Comment

Family is the most precious thing we have. I am grateful every day for my hubby and children. I don't want to imagine what life would be like without them, it is hard enough having lost Grandparents I loved, my heart goes out to all who have lost a loved one.

Jo x
            Things to make and do
            Things to make and do's Facebook page
            Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

It is always awful when someone dies, but a child is even worse.

My children drive me mad almost all the time, but I dont know what I would do without them, well actually I do!

As much as I tear my hair out most days, I love every single fibre of their being, they were and are very much wanted and loved and keep me alive!!!
              Diane
              Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
              X