Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels........not PC ???????

Well, this shocked me !

A friend of mine had been hunting around looking for a new Angel for the top of her tree. Finally, reached B&Q and decided to ask where they were as she was fed but searching. She was told that they dont sell them anymore becuase they are not politically correct !!!!!!!!!!!!

I just couldnt believe my ears ! Isnt christmas about celebrating the birth of christ and the angel is part of that story! B&Q even say "Happy Holidays" and not happy xmas!

I think all this PC stuff is going to far. Its a real bug bear of mine.
    Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

There are two subjects that should not be discussed among friends - Religion and Politics. Having said that the only other comment left is "Everyone on this plannet should have equal right to celebrate their religious festivals as they see fit" and that includes Christians.
    Last edited by Critchley; 19-12-2008, 08:08 PM. Reason: keyboard can't spell - must get rid of it.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

i compleletly agree, i hate pc stuff we cant even celebrate our own religion any more ( and im not even religous!!) you know kids arnt allowed to do nativity at some schools or hand out christmas cards

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

I agree live and let live, also if people can follow their own traditions causes less trouble than be told you cannot!

Cannot believe B & Q are not selling angels, this is traditional for some and therefore they should cater for those of us who want an angel, surely this is discrimination against people that want an angel.

Comment

Along the same lines, a customer showed me a "gollywog" that she bought on the market, it actualy had the word printed on its T-shirt.
          I thought these had been banned years ago.
          The twist to this is that the women who was selling them is afro carabian.

Sometimes I just dont get whats going on.

Comment

im sure they were banned. But my mum bought one for my daughter while she was in Largs! I couldnt believe it when she brought it home. Fern loves it but i cant let her take it out the house!
            Snowf1975

Comment

Originally posted by urbtaf View Post
              Along the same lines, a customer showed me a "gollywog" that she bought on the market, it actualy had the word printed on its T-shirt.
              I thought these had been banned years ago.
              The twist to this is that the women who was selling them is afro carabian.

Sometimes I just dont get whats going on.
              ive seen these recently and thought the same, i used to think they were cute

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

As a child i had a gollie, i loved him dearly, i was very suprised when i grew up to find that i was a racist, who would have thought .that a well loved toy would make me a bad person.
                A few years ago in peebles (borders) they had a campain to bring back the gollie, all the cars had stickers, it was meant to be a protest against political correctness , not to upset anyone.
                As for angels i love them, i wear one on my coat always and have done for years. i`m going shopping tomorrow and i`m going to ask for angels everywhere and kick up an absolute stink if i`m told i`m politicaly incorrect
                well i will if i have a wee drinky before i go

Comment

Good on you Just Sally, I think the PC brigade have gone mad. DH has a very good friend who is black and he always had a golly and taught his children Baa Baa Black Sheep, in fact he thinks the PC thing is stupid and only causes more problems.

Comment

I think my mum still has my golly in her attic somewhere. I loved him and he went everywhere with me when I was a kiddie. PC brigades gone mad
                    www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Originally posted by just sally View Post
                      As a child i had a gollie, i loved him dearly, i was very suprised when i grew up to find that i was a racist, who would have thought .that a well loved toy would make me a bad person.
                      A few years ago in peebles (borders) they had a campain to bring back the gollie, all the cars had stickers, it was meant to be a protest against political correctness , not to upset anyone.
                      As for angels i love them, i wear one on my coat always and have done for years. i`m going shopping tomorrow and i`m going to ask for angels everywhere and kick up an absolute stink if i`m told i`m politicaly incorrect
                      well i will if i have a wee drinky before i go

Let us know how you get on!
                      Snowf1975

Comment

BRING BACK OUR LITTLE ANGELS!

Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

O'H NO I'M POLITICALLY INCORRECT!!!!!

I love Angels, fairies everything supernatural, baa baa black sheep, white coffee, black boards, white boards, gollies, nativity, diwali, hanukah, bacon (my daughter is reading over my shoulder and added this??!!)

WHAT DO I CARE??? I'm human and live in a supposedly democratic society, I'm an individual and have the ability for my own thoughts and ideas so what you gonna do about it????

(I am joking by the way, before someone comes to hang me!)
                          Diane
                          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Let everyone celebrate whatever festivals they wish that's what I say! I went to uni in Leicester and absolutely loved Dawali it was magically going to Belgrave Rd and seeing the procession and lights. One of my uni friends was quite a strict Muslim and when some of us 'Christian' (I use the term loosely) friends gave him Christmas cards he was totally made up as he said he'd never had a Christmas card before - it touched him that we wanted to share the festive spirit with him a friend and he certainly wasn't offended.

The best thing imho is if primary schools taught all the kids about all the religions so there was no ignoranceand misconceptions and then all this PC madness would go away. Oooh you've got me on my soapbox now
                            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I'm a practicing christian but that didn't stop me one year doing Eden a divali party as her birthday party.
                              I think it's great that our country is so multi cultural and I love to find out about other peoples beliefs.
                              I personally don't like to go OMG, or take the christ out of Christmas and write xmas. But That's life these days. Just because I want to celebrate in a certain way does not mean it's wrong for others to celebrate in a different way. If we all learn to embrace other peoples beliefs then we'd have a much happier world.

If angels are banned then in theory stars should also be banned as politically incorrect also. So what are we putting on the tree top?
                              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Working...
                              X