Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I want for Christmas?

Eeek!

It's christmas in a week and people keep asking me what I want. I don't have a clue, I don't want smellies/bubblebath, too many people are already buying me vouchers, I don't want any music....

Please help me with ideas

Thanks
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Tools. Books. Craft stuff.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

how about one pressie being a charity donation of your choice ? .I do one every year for the Salvation Army for my fella as we both support homeless charities .Means he is only one pressie less for the sum of about £15 and it makes a huge difference to the charities

btw ...have a good christmas everybody
      Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
      my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
      my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

My christmas wish list always contains a few EXPENSIVE make-up items. I love Estee Lauder and Lancome make-up but there's no way I could afford to buy it myself. I get what I can off ebay but I sometimes struggle to find a few of the shades I like (especially the lippy that I use) so I always ask for them and if I know they can't afford £17 for a lippy then I ask for a Boots giftcard so I can just put the rest to.
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I just love getting books.But I also love perfume, nice lingerie, and quirky silly useless things too!
          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
          www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

What about directing them to items you've liked on here!!!
            But vouchers for MORE craft stuff is always a winner
            See ticket vouchers too if you like your music like I've seen or cinema xxx
            Allison Kiln

Comment

Hobbycraft vouchers, think of the time you could spend putting lovely goodies into your basket. They have ones with wheels now so you dopnot know how much stuff you have bought as no weight involved, only have to stagger out to the car with the carriers.

Comment

A beautiful Italian leather handbag............ something you would never splash out on yourself but will last forever! Oops thats what I want what about an adventure day?
                sponsor a dog?
                manicure/facial/ other pamper item?

You are lucky to have so many people buying you stuff that you can't decide
                Terry xxx
                You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

They're all really good ideas, I like the sound of an adventure day but I don't have time for one, or anyone that I could make go with me. I would like crafty stuff, but honestly I don't have the time or space for it all anymore A kiln was suggested by boyf, but again I just don't have the time for another expensive hobby that I have never tried. I don't want to sound spoilt but I have too much cr*p, and too little space. I will think about the charity gift though, it's a good idea.

Thank you everybody
                  MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

I am exactly the same as you this year!! My grandad passed away 3 weeks ago so I don't really feel in the festive mood at the moment and people are forever asking me what I want and I just tell them that I honestly don't have a clue and don't really want anything but then they keep saying that I have to have something!! It seems as though I am just telling people to get me stuff for the sake of it and that is the last thing I want so have told my family to just give me some money so I can save it all up and get something nice I want when I see it.

I'm sorry that you are in the same situation also, it's so awkward and I totally understand. How about asking people to get you some ... crafting supplies (we could never have enough of those, right?!), coffee makeover or some books or DVD's that you have seen that you would like. Make-up is also pretty nice if you are into that sort of stuff or perfume.

I'm sorry that I don't have that much advice for you ((hugs)) - I hope you find something that you like real soon!

Comment

All I want for Christmas is a new pair of slippers and a box of Cadburys Roses.

Although I wouldn't say no to a Radley bag
                      I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

Originally posted by Alice21 View Post
                        All I want for Christmas is a new pair of slippers and a box of Cadburys Roses.

Although I wouldn't say no to a Radley bag
                        My OH has a bit of a Radley obsession, actually - technically my fault, as I bought her the first one when I got a nice Xmas bonus a few years ago

I'm (seriously) hoping to get some nice warm socks, because it's cold in my office. That, plus anything for the kitchen is always welcome!
                        --Matt

Web Development
                        Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

I've got a Radley purse but the bags are sooooooooo expensive.

I've got a son called Matt he's 31 today.

Hope you get your socks.

Alice
                          I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

Originally posted by Alice21 View Post
                            I've got a Radley purse but the bags are sooooooooo expensive.

I've got a son called Matt he's 31 today.

Hope you get your socks.

Alice
                            They do some lovely ones though - always worth looking at in the shops - one here has a huuge Radley display. Quite hard to drag the OH away from at times!

Their scarves/umbrellas are crazily expensive - £25+ for a fairly average scarf or mini brolly (normally about £5 each!).

Say happy birthday to him - makes me feel better cos he's very slightly older than I am!

My feet are desperately hoping that I do!
                            --Matt

Web Development
                            Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

Vouchers for pampering yourself - I just love going for a relaxing massage.
                              Clare
                              Dorett Events
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X