Needed: Birthday present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed: Birthday present

Im in need of a birthday present for my little brother ( he will be 7 ) He loves monkeys. I just dont know what to get as everything seems too expencive. it only needs to be something small as his bday is becember 28th and have bought him a big xmas pressie, so this will only be a token present.

Anyone got any ideas, or anything monkey related?

Jake

Have you thought about adopting a monkey for him? I'm sure there will be a sanctuary somewhere that will do that sort of thing. I'm pretty sure there's a monkey sanctuary somewhere in Dorset or Devon - hang on, I'll do a quick Google and see if I can find anything.

Here we are:
    http://www.monkeyworld.org/

I haven't checked out the prices, so don't know if it is within your budget.

Linda

Comment

I've got some sock monkeys & monsters looking for a home
      Price £3.99 +pp special as i've done my last fairs.

Also have a spider one and camoflague, pics available if you're interested
      Allison Kiln

Comment

Ooh they're ace!
        MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Love those monkeys!!
          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
          www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

oooh i like the monkey, cound you post pics of the spider one and the camo one please.

Thanks

Jake

Comment

They're brill Ali - and especially the last one, makes me think of liquorice allsorts.
              Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

If he thinks he's past the age of soft toys (but those up there are lovely) how about a wooden Acrobat Monkey?
                ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                website
                blog

Comment

why a token pressie , a birthday is a birthday, my husband is 53 and is still moaning that his birthday is not special (cos its dec 23 ).spend as much as you would if his birthday was in july. sorry if i sound like an old witch..... but i am
                  he is only seven and it`s his special day
                  sorry again

Comment

Originally posted by just sally View Post
                    why a token pressie , a birthday is a birthday, my husband is 53 and is still moaning that his birthday is not special (cos its dec 23 ).spend as much as you would if his birthday was in july. sorry if i sound like an old witch..... but i am
                    he is only seven and it`s his special day
                    sorry again
                    yeah but i have no money left after buying everyone xmas pressies, so cant afford to spend alot, and a presesnt is a present no matter what it costs its the thought that counts.

Comment

Here's the spider & camo (16" length) plus a couple of long leg monkeys (20&27")!

The eyes can be changed to sew on googly eyes if prefered
                      Allison Kiln

Comment

I could do a door plaque witha monkey on
                        http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
                        Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
                        My Facebook

Comment

I was 7 6 years ago and at that age, I also loved monkies - in fact, I loved any animals really!!

Have you thought about getting him a nice, little monkey teddy? That might be an idea as I know at that age, I loved all of my teddies and would sit them on my bed with me!

Also another little idea, how about making him a Birthday card with a monkey on it if you haven't already? I'm sure he would love that and it would be personal and of something that he likes!!

I like some of the other suggestions also, especially the one about adopting a monkey however that can be pretty expensive sometimes!

I hope you find something that you think he will like and that he has a great Birthday!

Comment

thanks for all the suggestions people, i have ordered a stripey monkey from Alli, and will get some other bits and bobs in town

Comment

Originally posted by allibongo View Post
                              Here's the spider & camo (16" length) plus a couple of long leg monkeys (20&27")!

The eyes can be changed to sew on googly eyes if prefered
                              Hi Alli, I've sent you an email...I'm interested in buying a couple of monkeys...if they are available I like the last one in the post I quoted (orange stripey) and the purple one in your profile albumn. Do you think they could be posted before christmas?

Comment

Working...
                              X