This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really shouldn't be posting about this

My wonderful sister - older, more beautiful and better in every way - has just been diagnosed with cancer.

I thought I was doing well (have known for over a week now) but it's hit me really hard the last three days. Not only is she my best friend, but she is a true lady - generous, gracious, and gorgeous.

She is more worried about everyone around her - typical, actually - and I hate to admit that I'm feeling very low indeed. I don't like to to lumber this on you, and I have really good friends around me who know and who have been very supportive. But sometimes it's good to unload on complete strangers, isn't it?

Can't bear to think of a world where my niece is without her marvellous mummy, and I'll be without my guiding star. If there's any justice in this world...
    With love,
    Daisy & Me
    x

Our MISI Shop www.daisyandme.misi.me.uk
    Our email address [email protected]

What horrible & shocking news for you to have to take on board - you will need time for it to sink in and you wouldnt be human if you didnt feel so low about it. Am sending you some <<hugs>> and hope that there are treatment options that will help your sister battle against it.
    Mel

Comment

So sorry to hear your news. All I can do is to send you my thoughts and best wishes for you and your family during these testing times.

Si.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

Thanks, both of you - as I said, I'm not sure if I should be writing about this, as I'm sure people don't want to read it.

But I really do appreciate your hugs and kind thoughts. Thank you.
        With love,
        Daisy & Me
        x

Comment

I hope talking about it here helps a little. All I can do is send you ((((((((hugs))))))))
          http://www.folksy.com/shops/silvermoss

http://silvermoss.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear your news, that's so tough on all of you. Sometimes it's easier to come and unburden yourself to people you don't really know as you don't have to be strong or supportive for us, which you do for your sister and family and there'll always be a friendly word & virtual hug for you here, which may help in the teensiest tiniest way.

Take care of yourself & thinking of you ((hugs))

Jan x
            "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
            Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
            Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear your news, that's truly sad. I can't add anything to what's already been said, but can I add my ((((((((hugs)))))))))
              www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Oh, more hugs for me - thank you all.

Every one of you is being so kind and I'm just sitting here crying over my keyboard !
                With love,
                Daisy & Me
                x

Comment

My thoughts are with you & your family at this time. I hope if she has treatment it works for her. Remember people with cancer survive & get well. My mum had cancer about 6 yrs ago & she is now clear. A neighbour of mine had breast cancer & is also well. Good luck to all of you involved. Stay positive.
                  My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}} It's so tough for the nearest and dearest, so don't beat yourself up for feeling so down. It's hard to come to terms with and as Jan said, it's often easier to tell people you don't know how you feel.

What type of cancer does she have? A lot of treatments nowadays are quite aggresive and she might have a good chance of beating it.

At least you are a loving and close family. When my dad died of cancer 6 years ago, I had a nasty, spiteful half-brother to deal with who was only interested in how much money he would inherit.

Be strong,
                    Elinor
                    x

My Misi page
                    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Oh hun I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, sending (((HUGS))) your way, tell your Mum I was asking for her, keep possitive & have you all in my thoughts xxx
                      Ger xx

My Blog

www.cullen-crafts.co.uk

Comment

oh god. im so sorry honey. Cancer is a horrible thing. What kind of cancer is it? Your sister must be very worried, not to mention scared. Its good for you to be there for her at this time. She needs all the strenth around her.

It is so much easier to talk to strangers about something like this. Its good to talk / type and it feels good to get everything out.

Feel free to keep posting. We will all be here to support you through the difficult times.

I'll pray for you both tonight.

xxx
                        Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

As Autumn Faeiry has said, we are all here for you. You never mentioned any hope with possible treatment. She is going to need all your love and support so you give it to her and we will prop you up through here. Deal?
                          Last edited by Critchley; 05-12-2008, 12:03 AM.
                          Carol
                          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

As they say back home - "Oh Jaysus" - now the keyboard is really drowning !

Thank you all so much - what a privilege to have such nice comments from you all.

At the moment, the diagnosis is DCIS but it's a tumour, so the spe******t thinks they only caught the oustide. She's having a lumpectomy on Saturday and the pathology results won't be in until 23rd December. Good timing, or what?

Radiotherapy to begin in January, with chemo if the path results are for aggresive cancer. It's the waiting we can't bear - she's having a ball, 'though; a fortnight off work and nothing to do but watch black & white movies (her words, BTW, not mine !)

And I think that's what's bothering me the most about it all - if we knew for sure what we were dealing with, then so be it. But it's the uncertainty I hate.

Does that make sense?
                            With love,
                            Daisy & Me
                            x

Comment

Totally makes sense. Hang on in there love, and come to us when you're feeling pants.

Sleep well, take care,

E
                              Elinor
                              x

My Misi page
                              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X