Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do they have to share EVERYTHING with us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they have to share EVERYTHING with us?

My OH has been quite poorly for the last week or so. He's had flu - not man flu, proper flu and its really floored him so much so that I actually worked the market on my own yesterday (well, mum came with me really but I meant without him). That's a first in over 3 years of trading.

Anyway, today he is feeling much better and he's actually been outside checking the car over - I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't know how to put oil in the car .

Guess who has got a burning pain in her chest, nose and throat today? I wouldn't say I'm anywhere near as bad as he was and hopefully it won't get to that stage but why did I have to get it - I've been so careful not to get too near to him, sometimes to the point of coming across as very uncaring as I've avoided kissing him and I've only cuddled up to him in bed when he's been facing the opposite way I even stopped him from putting his used tissues in the bin and made him use a separate bag that he had to take outside to the dustbin.

I'm not really cruel - I've made sure he has as many drugs and cough medicines that he can safely handle and I've even bought him the supersoft balm tissues. I've made him hot toddies before bedtime and also done a pan of home-made soup (which unfortunately he didn't like but I did so I wasn't too disappointed) I also made him eucalyptus steam bowls as these help him breath better.

But now I'm getting a cold and he doesn't pamper me like I pamper him and I don't like being poorly!

Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Hope you feel better soon...bed early, big fluffy dressing gown, a hot drink and a good book or a film...and even if it doesn't work at least you're all comfy and snuggly!
    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Poor you, I hope you feel better soon. I am being held captive by a 12 year old with a chest infection who has been off school for two days and doesn't look likely to go back tomorrow. He hasn't quite got the hang of man flu yet but its only a matter of time, after all he has a good teacher - his Dad!
      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

"You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
        my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
          I never got a hug!! just a threat of being breathed on from you

Comment

aw bless, poor both of you. Urbtaf, glad you're feeling better now take care of your poorly wife. Auntynet you have my sympathies, wrap up warm and get yourself better
            www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

I don't want a thump from Aunty.
              "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
              my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Poor Aunty Net, it's not fair when you've be so caring.
                ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                website
                blog

Comment

Oh poor you Auntynet!
                  Shame on you Urbtaf, keep yer germs to yer self, yuk!
                  MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

I hope you feel better soon auntynet!!!

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

So sorry you're not well but, take it from me. you will never be as bad as Urbtaf - he has Man Flu....... and we al know what that it!!
                      Have a couple of pamper days off if you can, this weather is no time to stand on draughty markets.
                      Carol
                      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Thanks for all your hugs and kind words - you'll be pleased to know that whilst my OH is still coughing and spluttering, he's kindly agreed for me to have tomorrow off even though I usually have Fridays off anyway.
                        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Oh Auntynet - I really shouldn't at the moment, but that made me laugh !

Big of him to give your day off off ...

Hope the flu doesn't come to anything serious - after all, who's going to coddle you and make you soup?

*Big Hugs* back at cha
                          x
                          With love,
                          Daisy & Me
                          x

Our MISI Shop www.daisyandme.misi.me.uk
                          Our email address [email protected]

Comment

Hope your feeling better today and have had a good lie in!
                            Sarah

Comment

Working...
                            X