well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well...

im sat here drinking listening to REM- Everybody hurts and now im starting to cry, i just love this song so much, it means alot to me in many ways.

Does anyone else have any songs that mean alot to them?

Oh god that song is so depressing but so great as well. I love that other depressing song that was quite popular.....It goes -

'I know its kinda funny
    I know its kinda sad
    the dreams in which im dying are hte best i ever had'

Or something.

Now im off to clean my kitchen as there is a really bad smell coming frm one plate laden work top! Yes i clean my kitchen at 1am lol!
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

the song u are refering to is "mad world" artists include Gary Jules and Tears for fears.

just thought u might wanna know lol, i may not be any use for much when iv had a few but i know my songs

Comment

One of my favourites cos of the lyrics is an old one - Gladys Knight, You're the best thing that ever happened to me. I wanna dance to this with my son if he ever gets married.

Another one I love is a song called Faithfuly by a group called Journey. They're a very successful rock group in America and the lead singer wrote it for his wife - if the stories are to be believed then apparently he's this famous rock star but he's never unfaithful to his wife when he is on the road with his band. Very sentimental but beautiful lyrics.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nVobtu...eature=related
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

ooo yes dance with my father i think its called, and the living years and there is a great one by extreme called our father
          http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=utgT_W...eature=related

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

Originally posted by snowgoose View Post
            im sat here drinking listening to REM- Everybody hurts and now im starting to cry, i just love this song so much, it means alot to me in many ways.
            Same here, I can never listen to that song without crying, it's a beautiful song but also means a lot to me and makes me think of a friend who is no longer here.

The other song that means a lot for a completely different reason is 'This Kiss' by Faith Hill - not really my kinda song tbh but it reminds me of sitting in the car with hubby before we got together (it was out as a single and was always on the radio) shyly glancing at each other before he blurted out 'look at you, anyone would think you wanted to kiss me'. So the song kind of got us together Blimey how naff is that lol!
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
              Same here, I can never listen to that song without crying, it's a beautiful song but also means a lot to me and makes me think of a friend who is no longer here.

The other song that means a lot for a completely different reason is 'This Kiss' by Faith Hill - not really my kinda song tbh but it reminds me of sitting in the car with hubby before we got together (it was out as a single and was always on the radio) shyly glancing at each other before he blurted out 'look at you, anyone would think you wanted to kiss me'. So the song kind of got us together Blimey how naff is that lol!
              Awww thats not naff, its a lovely reason to like the song

Comment

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aeorsmith is one of the songs which always makes me cry... I've always found it an emotional song since I first heard it on the Armageddon soundtrack and hubby and I had it at our wedding, which gave it extra meaning. But then when my mum passed away in February 2007, we chose I Don't Want To Miss A Thing to be played at mum's funeral so now it has both happy and sad memories. A beautiful song with so much meaning and emotion.

Comment

Oh lordy, where to begin?

There are so many beautiful and touching songs out there - and that's what they were invented for wasn't it?

But the one at the moment which tugs at my heart strings is "Better".

It makes me think of the one person in my life who has always been there for me, guided me, is my best friend, and will always be my hero.

The worst part is that they will not be around forever - and what will I do without my guiding star?
                  With love,
                  Daisy & Me
                  x

Our MISI Shop www.daisyandme.misi.me.uk
                  Our email address [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                    Another one I love is a song called Faithfuly by a group called Journey. They're a very successful rock group in America and the lead singer wrote it for his wife - if the stories are to be believed then apparently he's this famous rock star but he's never unfaithful to his wife when he is on the road with his band. Very sentimental but beautiful lyrics.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nVobtu...eature=related
                    I LOVE Journey, and this is also one of my favs. An ex of mine introduced me to Journey. Best thing I got out of that relationship
                    Sparklez.co.uk
                    Handmade Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by Sparklez View Post
                      I LOVE Journey, and this is also one of my favs. An ex of mine introduced me to Journey. Best thing I got out of that relationship
                      Not many people here in UK have heard of them and when I say I like them they always say "Who?". But when you mention "Don't Stop Believing" (another fab track by them) and "Open Arms" they usually know who I'm talking about.

I went to see them last year at the Apollo in Manchester and the 3 friends I went with had more fun watching me than they did watching the show! I was up dancing in the aisles and singing at the top of my voice - think 3 year old on xmas morning and you should get the picture.
                      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

My home town by Adele always sets me off! I have no idea why, it's a beautiful song. More recently, The man who can't be moved by the Script. I was running frantically around Hailsham, trying to find a bag, to go to my dad's funeral. Every where I went, this song was playing!

Debbie
                        Debbie
                        http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...?id=1262375772

http://www.folksy.com/shops/purplemac

http://purplemac.misi.co.uk/

Comment

I like Journey too they're fantastic, and also Fleetwood Mac - I've got quite a wide taste in music - I don't like 1 particular type. Any way you want it is probably my fave by Journey.

There isn't any specific song that sets me off, but Missing You by Puff Daddy set me off the day after my Grandma died and I had to drive into town to buy a suit for the funeral, this song came on the radio and I had to stop and cry.

If I'm in a sad mood and feeling down, almost any sad song can make me well up.

Claire
                          Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                          Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                          www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Working...
                          X