No announcement yet.

When do you post your Christmas cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you post your Christmas cards?

Evening all,

Well we're now on 30th November and tomorrow sees the start of advent, so I just wondered when everyone posts their Christmas cards?

I'm hoping to get ours written over the next day or so and will probably post them towards the end of the week, as airmail needs to go by Friday so I might as well do it all at once

When does everyone else send theirs?

Laura x

I only have a few to post to UK destinations so I usually send them the second week in December.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Ooooh, is it December tomorrow? That means 25 days 'til Christmas!
      Yum, advent calendar time

I guess I better start making my Christmas cards!!!

Well there's your answer Laura, I will be sending them when I've made them
      MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Don't really have a set date, just whenever I have a free evening maybe after the first week and sit down and make a start.
        It takes me hours cos I also write a short letter in some of them - the one where we don't see the friends/relatives much of throughout the year.

I've really got to be in the mood to do it cos it takes so long.

Comment

Usually by about the 10th at least this year I can use the cards I had made to sell and didn't.

Comment

Talking of airmail ones, I have a stack of cards to go to the States, what do I put in the way of postage on them? Will a first class stamp do it ot do I need something else?
            www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Last minute - and I'd rather not send any but people get upset if they don't get.

I do do a flower arrangement for 3 people (and one grave) - the only poaching Jones does these days is gathering holly for me!
              ElaineJ soap and other stuff
              website
              blog

Comment

Mine are written and will be sent off in the next 2 days - I did send on in a parcel last week so one friend already has hers, along with her birthday card/present! I like to get them all out of the way.

As for the airmail to the US a 1st class stamp won't do. You'd be better getting them to the post office and weighed as it will be dependant on the weight of the cards. I sent a new baby card to canada on a couple of weeks back and that was over 50p - I think more likely to be closer to 80p. You can buy online otherwise if you can't get to the PO here: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...catId=53800712

View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
                  Usually by about the 10th at least this year I can use the cards I had made to sell and didn't.
                  Yeah I'll be doing the same... got them all sorted out but I just can't get motivated to start writing them as I need to write letters with some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                    Talking of airmail ones, I have a stack of cards to go to the States, what do I put in the way of postage on them? Will a first class stamp do it ot do I need something else?
                    I'd say you'd be better to take them into the post office and get them weighed as Airmail is a tricky one. I think the cut off date for Airmail is 5th December,

Comment

OMG!
                      Just remembered, the 5th is the last date for the secret santa isn't it!
                      MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post
                        I'd say you'd be better to take them into the post office and get them weighed as Airmail is a tricky one. I think the cut off date for Airmail is 5th December,
                        Last posting for the states is the 10th Dec according the the royal mail website.
                        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
                          OMG!
                          Yep and I need to get mine wrapped, posted etc.... better not forget!
                          View my flickr

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
                            Last posting for the states is the 10th Dec according the the royal mail website.
                            Ah fair enough, I'd only asked about New Zealand - can't miss the cut off date for the pressies to NZ otherwise the kiddies won't be happy with me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
                              OMG!
                              Yep, I really need to get a move on!!

Comment

Working...
                              X