Where have I been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have I been?

Some people have asked where I have been, others have just enjoyed the peace and quiet

My wonderful, kind, caring, beautiful mum passed away on Thursday morning.
    She had fought against cancer for two years, and on Wednesday she slipped into a coma, my dad, me, brother, sister (and my doggie) all sat with her until she passed away.
    It was expected, but not until at least after Christmas, so I'm still a little bit shocked, it all happened so quickly, but I'm glad it was peaceful, and that she wasn't in pain.

We have been to Swaledale this weekend, because it was my mums favourite place.
    We walked from Keld to Muker, because that was her one of her favourite walks, we left some flowers along the way, and we stood and sang 'All Things Bright and Beautiful'......well most of it, we hummed what we couldn't remember lol!
    Then I read this poem-

I Did Not Die
    Do not stand at my grave and weep.
    I am not there. I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow;
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
    I am the gentle Autumn’s rain.

When you awaken in the morning’s hush.
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft star that shines at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry.
    I am not there;
    I did not die.
    It seemed perfect, because if mum could be anywhere, she would be in Swaledale. We got a few stares from passers by, but we didn't care.

I'm sorry to have rambled on, but I had to get it off my chest, any friends or family that I talk to, ask me how I am, or if there's anything that they can do, but I can't stand it, I don't do sympathy!

I was telling my dad this, and he told me to tell people when they ask 'Is there anything I can do?', that I should say 'the dog poo needs picking up' or 'the loo needs cleaning'!
    Hee hee especially if I don't like them.

MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

My thoughts are with Ya girl.

I to don't do sympathy. Some people think I'm harsh. My Dad passed when I was 15. Didn't know what to say to people just got on with life. I think it was on a Friday but not too sure was 25 years ago. Went to school on the Monday I just wanted to carry on as normal.

I've never been to my Dads grave side since his funeral As I don't believe he's there . That poem says it all.

Keep chatting Girl.
    Last edited by goldy1; 16-11-2008, 11:50 PM.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I don't do attention, I can't cope with it!
      My sister went to school Friday morning, I tried to warn her, but she wouldn't listen. She said that in three hours she counted 63 hugs! So she was soon ringing to come home early

Comment

I just told my class mates at form time what had happened and that I was fine and wanted no fuss they all respected that just got a couple of how are you's off the teachers but that was it.

Comment

I agree, grief is very personal and trite comments only help those that make them. You will obviously miss your Mum dreadfully and I feel for you. Moan away if it helps.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Feel for you Louise, I lost my mum quite afew years ago to cancer after 2 years in a hospice, she wasnt my birth mum but adopted me, and my god did she have to work hard to bring me up, a beautiful woman. One of my biggest regrets in life is that Net never met her.

At her funeral, which my adopted sister organised I had one thing that I ensisted on, my mum always went to see the Huddersfield Choral Society choir, she came from "last of the sumer wine" country and she loved the Halleluyah Chorus, we played this at her funeral, totaly confused the other people there but I knew she would have been looking down with a smile, knowing that we were celebrating her life.
            Last edited by urbtaf; 17-11-2008, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Your weekend sounds like a wonderful tribute to your mum.
              I lost my darling MIL in May only 2 weeks after we found out she had leukaemia. This poem helped me.

I have seen death too often to believe in death
              It is not an ending, but a withdrawal
              As one who finishes a long journey.
              Stills the motor
              Turns off the lights
              Steps from the car
              And walks up the path
              To the home that awaits them

Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by urbtaf View Post
                At her funeral, which my adopted sister organised I had one thing that I ensisted on, my mum always went to see the Huddersfield Choral Society choir, she came from "last of the sumer wine" country and she loved the Halleluyah Chorus, we played this at her funeral, totaly confused the other people there but I knew she would have been looking down with a smile, knowing that we were celebrating her life.
                That sounds lovely, it's the little things that only close family understand that matter, like going to Swaledale, other people might think it was daft but it made us smile. When we were there, my sister picked up a rock and announced that she was going to place it on my mums grave, so she would always have a piece of Swaledale, I thought that was a nice idea

Comment

That was a rely cool idea. Do what ever makes you feel good hone and sod the rest.

Comment

You've got it down to a tee Goldy1!

Comment

I had many years of worrying what other people thought. Was told at school I was useless. (Dyslexic) Had a breakdown at 21 . Had 6 months of counciling he told me you are responsible for how you feel so why take notice of what other people think? Now I just say sod them all. If they don't like it they can walk away.

Hold your head up and do what you want. As long as no one else gets hurt it's fine.

Some people think I'm hard and uncaring but I know what I feel and they don't matter.

Comment

I hate it when people try to understand you, and hate it even more when they think that they do! Why bother, nobody is the same

Comment

You are so right girl. We can say we have had simelar experiances but we can never truly say we understand. What works for one don't always for another.

Comment

Have you noticed your posts Goldy?

Comment

OH CARP I'M GOING PINK!!!!!!

I HATE PINK.

Comment

Working...
                              X