Makes You Feel Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes You Feel Old

Radio 2 keeps announcing "The 40th Anniversary of The Beatles' White Album" - we have one carefully stored away!
    ElaineJ soap and other stuff
    website
    blog

Keep it safe my DH collects 60's records in mint condition, we trawl all the record fairs in the South and believe me these records are worth a packet. Have you got the set of 4 pictures included with the album? He swapped a Milford Railway Station Sign for this record with his cousin about 10 years ago and it was worth £110 then.

His reason for going to the fairs is that he is thinking of starting a business, yeah right! more come in but none have at the moment gone out. His excuse is that the older copies are going on the juke box, yes he has got one of them as well a 1015 Wurlitzer repro. Talk about second childhood.

Comment

I still have a bay city rollers LP tucked away somewhere. Don't think that one will be worth anything though
      I agree though, I always feel very old whenever they play all the 'golden oldies' and I remember 'boping' to them in the disco. It's nice when someone brings out a cover version and I can sing along to it though.

Melanie

Comment

what made me feel old earlier this year is when we had a work experience girl at hobbycraft and I realised she'd been one of the first children I'd looked after when I worked in the playgroup
        also catching up with all the 'children' I'd looked after when I first left college and now they're all grown men and women !!
        www.sunrisecards.co.uk
        http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5877781?ref=ts
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/sunris...all&ref=search

Comment

Blimey that dose make me feel old. I have loads of albums original Woodstock double album, wonder if thats worth anything. Never played it. LOL I have my Fathers 78s Al Jolson singing Swanee etc, I am the custodian of a whole lot of JUNK hehehe!!! xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
            Keep it safe my DH collects 60's records in mint condition, we trawl all the record fairs in the South and believe me these records are worth a packet. Have you got the set of 4 pictures included with the album? He swapped a Milford Railway Station Sign for this record with his cousin about 10 years ago and it was worth £110 then.
            Don't know whether the pics are with it - Jones already had it before we met (I wasn't all that keen on the Beatles). I think he played it once or twice then taped it.
            ElaineJ soap and other stuff
            website
            blog

Comment

Talking of tapes, I just remembered I had an 8 track player in my first car, although they were starting to be discontinued, you could still buy the tapes new.

Melanie

Comment

Working...
              X