Wisdom tooth trouble...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisdom tooth trouble...

eeeeeekkk I am stressing...I am due to have a wisdom tooth 'cut' out tomorrow at the hospital...they cant do a straight forward extraction because the tooth has grown in at a strange angle Bad timing too as I have my favourite fair of the year on saturday & the hospital say it will be 7-10 days to recover. I plan to get thru the week and be high on painkillers if needs be to do my fair at the weekend! Just wondering if anyone else has had something simular done, please tell me what to expect!! I hate dentists and this is just a nightmare, cant wait to get rid of the tooth tho, sometimes its soooooo painful and now the exposed nerve is jumping from the cold when I have been out for a while JOY-NOT!! Sorry for waffling, Im trying to do something with my nervous energy!!
    She was not quite what you would call refined.
    She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
    She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.

Oooh poor you! I hope it goes okay for you, and that you feel better soon
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

I'm one of those lucky ones whose wisdom teeth hasn't come through yet! Hopefully they won't everyone I know who's had them have had trouble with them!
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Oh I hope it all goes ok for you (my wisdom teeth haven't come through yet either - *touch wood*)
        "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
        Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
        Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

I hope everything goes ok for you Karenssunnycreations (my wisdom teeth haven't come through yet either)

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

I had one that I had out, about 10+ years ago mind you! I had a bit of a pain in my jaw and then virtually overnight I couldn't open my mouth, very painful, but very quiet at home!! Went to the dentist the same day for an x ray and I think he booked me in for the next day, he gave me an injection in the arm, like when you have blood taken, and he said 'Let me know when the picture on the wall starts moving'! and the next thing I knew I was being taken out to the car by my husband. I can vaguely remember a pulling sensation but that's it. I was doing the school run as normal the next morning, no problem. However, my husband had all 4 taken out at the hospital under local anaesthetic and he had a bit of a rough time of it. Maybe it depends on what anaesthesia you have...I'd go for the 'knock me out and let me know when it's over' option every time!!! Good luck
            Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

I had all 4 taken out in hospital too and it was awful. Not so much the pain from the teeth as such I ended up getting an infection and the stitches cut into the swollen gum. The only thing is the swelling I looked like a chipmunk for about a week!! Is it just the one tooth if so you might be okay with the swelling.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
              Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

i had my 4 all taken out in hospital about 25 years ago and it was much better than the pain i was in with the teeth plenty of pain killers and chicken soup and you be ready for anything
                while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

Yes just the one thank goodness but Im seriously dreading it :0( I think I would be putting it off if I wasnt in pain so much of the time!

Comment

One of my staff had all four out in March, she went to theatre at about 9 am and rang me from her dads car at about 10 am on her way home!! Couldn't open her mouth much but was able to talk OK, so don't worry (easy for me to say!) I'm sure you will be fine, Selina

Comment

thanks everyone, will let you know how I go!

Comment

I've never had any wisdom teeth (and sometimes it shows) but I can sympathise with any kind of toothache. About 15 years ago I just woke up in the middle of the night with severe toothache. I just took some painkillers for about 3 or 4 days and soldiered on (like mums of young children do) until I could stand it no longer. I got an emergency appointment one morning at the dentist and he did something - not sure what - and I was fine . . . . until the anaesthetic (sp?) wore off at teatime - when the dentist had closed! - and I was still in agony and never slept all night. This happened 3 consequetive days, me knocking on the surgery door at 8.30 am, having treatment only for the pain to return at teatime. On the final day I turned up and demanded to have the tooth removed which he did and he was gobsmacked to discover that the tooth was in two halves. It hadn't shown up on the exrays as the tooth was embedded so deeply. He said that he'd never seen an example of this in all his 28 years of dentistry. My comment to him was "if anyone ever turns up with a similar problem then just take the tooth out straight away cos I gave birth to an 8 and a half pound baby without pain relief and I'd rather go through that again than the toothache!"

The funny thing was that when I went back 6 months later for my regular check up, he told me that he'd had another woman with the same problem and had quoted me so she just said "don't bother trying to save the tooth, take it out".

I do feel for you Karen, I do hope that you'll be well enough to do the fair this weekend. If you make sure that you rest up for a few days then, with the help of painkillers, hopefully you'll manage it.
                        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Hope it goes well. I still have all four of mine and never had a problem with any of them. Touch wood!
                          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                          www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

I haven't got any either Auntynet, have made it to nearly 42 without any and the dentist says there arn't any there either. Sometimes it shows that I have none!! Selina

Comment

Im back home, all done now! One tooth less (yay I must weigh less now LOL) The knumbness is wearing off now and I can feel it but not too badly at the moment, stocking up with painkillers. Have got 3 stitches, hoping I can just manage the pain and then its all done with. The stitches will dissolve in 10 days time. Was a bit of an ordeal but I just focused on the lights on the cieling LOL and tried to let them get on with it, I was willing the darn tooth to come out! Thanks for supporting me yesterday when I was stressing!

Comment

Working...
                              X