hobbies outside crafting???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hobbies outside crafting???

A little bit of light hearted chat.... I wondered if any of you crafty people have any other hobbies outside crafting! I realised the other day i'm either working or crafting (ok maybe watching a bit of tele but i dont think that is a hobby) and i have been looking at taking up horse riding as i am an animal lover and i want to get out doors (i am a little scared some may even say petrified about falling off) anyway long story short what do you all do?

Besides glass, my other passion is snowboarding. Unfortunately I am currently funding two houses in the middle of a credit crunch (don't ask!) which means I have no spare cash to enjoy my 'other' hobby. I am getting serious withdrawal symptoms. E.g. looking on ebay at the cost of equipment, checking out the local ski shops etc. Sad isn't it? It doesn't matter what our hobbies are - there is either never enough time or never enough money.

Roll on Christmas!!!

Ashbee
    Ashbee

"You only retire when you stop doing something you don't like and start doing something you do..."

Comment

Modelling.

And before anyone gets any funny ideas, I mean as in Airfix, my other half has a passion for gluing bits of plastic together, and we make a pretty good team, We get a little production line going and work on a couple of planes at a time.

I have diversified and built a model oil rig, he has built a few boats, but the main thing is still aircraft (got oooooodles of them hanging from the ceilings, on shelves, on the tv, every where!

Also, he started to collect stuff for a model railway, but has given that idea up, so all the cardboard buildings and bridges etc are sat in a box feeling neglected. (I had no interest in the trains, but didn't mind doing his buildings for him)
      www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

eating
        eating
        eating
        eating
        eating
        eating
        eating
        eating
        eating

Comment

heehee I love it, lauraj!

I quite enjoy walking, and as I already have two jobs I am another one without much time!

I do enjoy a good trip to the shops, does that count?

Visit my blog!
          http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
          www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

My other hobby besides crafting is rallying. I have been doing it for 7 years now, long before I took up jewellery making and I really enjoy it. But as with the credit crunch and owning a house I don't have much money to spend on it (and its not a cheap hobby!!) which means I have had to back off a bit and not do as much as I would like
            Handmade jewellery and accessories using glass, crystals, wire and more!
            www.iridescentdesigns.co.uk

Comment

I have just started a vegetable patch/plot, if this counts! Have dug up 'an area' of the beautiful landscaped garden (convinced OH that it was a good idea!)

OH thinks its a complete waste of time as nothing is happening! I keep telling him that we are preparing the soil for the seeds next year!
              Debbie
              www.justoneoff.co.uk

Comment

They can be such unimaginative morons sometimes. Good luck with the digging, I bet he helps eat the produce. lol. I used to keep a large veg garden so if you want to ask anything please do.
                Carol
                God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Arrrhhh, thanks for that Carol, I might just do that!

I have my first set of winter onions in - didn't even know there were such things!
                  Debbie
                  www.justoneoff.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by justoneoff View Post
                    I have just started a vegetable patch/plot, if this counts! Have dug up 'an area' of the beautiful landscaped garden (convinced OH that it was a good idea!)

OH thinks its a complete waste of time as nothing is happening! I keep telling him that we are preparing the soil for the seeds next year!

Are you sure you don't mean "preparing the soil for weeds next year"?!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Hope you get a good crop.
                    Ashbee

"You only retire when you stop doing something you don't like and start doing something you do..."

Comment

I play texas hold em poker, does that count ?

never for huge amounts , £10 game on tuesday nights at my local ( and my win rate is quite good ) and online games for about $3.
                      plus I collect Caithness glass,mainly the paperweights.
                      Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                      my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                      my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm a member of a local panto group, we are rehearsing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ready to perform on the 20th-22nd November. It is really good fun, my hubby and two of my children are in it too, I've been practicing my dance/entrance (as Wonka), it is going to be videoed so I may post a link to it and give you all a laugh...

Jo x
                        Things to make and do
                        Things to make and do's Facebook page
                        Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

As my sewing is my job and i don't get much spare time but when i get chance i love to go mountain walking/climbing which fits in nicely with my photography , in summer i love to do a bit of body boarding and generally messing about in the water !!

We are a bit of an outdoor pursuits family which is good as that's what my DP is doing at uni !!
                          allabouteden blog

fromthehandsofkittyeden

my folksy shop

Comment

My 'serious' hobby other than crafting is drag racing. I race an 'altered' drag car (I'll add a pic to my profile so you can see it) and my OH races a bike.

I've also done a lot of hrse riding, I used to do one day eventing and showjumping, but have only ridden occasionally in the last couple of years.

Other than that, I read a lot when I have the time, walk my dog and do a long distance charity swim once a year, so my hobby in the months up to that is swimming!!!

I don't like to sit still for too long

Claire
                            Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                            Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                            www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

spare time?

I too have a vegetable patch that is ever expanding. I'm waiting for someone from freecycle to come and dismantle my climbing frame and remove it so that I can make the garden even bigger.

I sing as part of a music group.

I'm also a part time taxi driver (mum taxi)
                              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Working...
                              X