Baby wipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby wipes

Does anyone know what they are no good for??

Not joking virtually every week I discover another thing they clean or restore beautifully. The obvious one is the job they were marketed for, then cleaning my leather sofa and shoes. They take a LOT of stains out of clothes, if you are carefull not to rub too hard. Felt tip on skin disappears. Carpet stains are usually history. Wooden things seem not to mind a gentle wipe too.

I am slowly converting back to having a pack handy for things.

Tell me if you know any bad things or tell me your WOW they worked on this story.

I use them for cleaning my cream leather settees. I believe they have lanolin in.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
      I use them for cleaning my cream leather settees. I believe they have lanolin in.
      Well my theory is if they are gentle and kind to babies botties, then they can be gentle and kind to my leather too. Think mine may be lanolin free though.

Comment

Being Grandma to 6 those same said botties sit on the settees a lot hence frequent cleaning with baby wipes.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

They are wonderful for getting cat sick stains out of my cream carpet!! I use Wilko's own fragrence free. Selina

Comment

I always have them around the house and use them for everything from giving the TV a quick wipe (stops the static), cleaning the leather sofa (two dogs who think they're allowed up there) to cleaning my ink stamps with. I was using them to clean off my makeup but my friend who's a makeup artist gave me a row for doing that
            www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
              giving the TV a quick wipe (stops the static)

I like that one, does it make the screen streaky though ???

Comment

nope, not that I've noticed anyway, and none of the family have complained.
                www.corrigancards.com

Comment

Apart from using the on my Twins!! I actually use them for some of my craft work, when painting my wooden door hangers I use the wipes dipped in acrylic paint and then wipe the paint onto the hangers, it's much quicker than using a brush with water and leaves a lovely smooth finish!

I also keep a packet by my craft area to constantly wipe my hands so the piece I am working on stays clean.
                  www.maygreen-fairies.co.uk
                  www.maygreen-fairies.blogspot.com
                  www.facebook.com/maygreenfairies
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/maygreenfairies

Comment

Guess who has just ran around and cleaned the screens on the tellys and the pc's .......

Comment

Originally posted by ms_mandy View Post
                      I actually use them for some of my craft work, when painting my wooden door hangers I use the wipes dipped in acrylic paint and then wipe the paint onto the hangers, it's much quicker than using a brush with water and leaves a lovely smooth finish!
                      I have used kitchen roll for this sort of use before, found it great for stencilling!! Maybe the wipes will be out soon, I have a wooden frog wind thing my Dad made that needs a coat of paint - Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenPlover View Post
                        Guess who has just ran around and cleaned the screens on the tellys and the pc's .......
                        LOL - gonna give that a try!

I keep some in my craftroom too for wiping my hands, my desk and cleaning up my stamps too - wonderful creations they are
                        "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
                        Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
                        Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

LOL @ Greenplover.

I keep some in the car too - handy for quick cleanups. Also, hubby's a coach driver and always keeps a couple of packs in his coach.
                          www.corrigancards.com

Comment

They are great for cleaning the telephone...and keyboard (gently) I even do the mirrors with them and finish the shine with a soft cloth.
                            Sarah

Comment

Wow - how unadventurous am I?
                              I only ever use them in the 'traditional' way ie car, bathroom and mucky cat paws.... she says while planning telly, computer and leather sofa clean
                              Terry xxx
                              You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                              Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Working...
                              X