My dog ate my soft flex!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dog ate my soft flex!!

I got home today from lunch with my parents to find this wirey stuff on the floor. I didnt think much of it really as i thought it was something that used to be connected to our Wii console. Our lab always finds things to chew even though i tidy everything.

I bought more beads to sort out my bracelets and went to find the soft flex roll but couldnt find it at all! Then it dawned on me what that stuff was!!

Of course im a little worried about Flynn but he has eaten all sorts of stuff before and was fine. He is his usual self at the moment but il keep an eye on him. But now i am just mad as i wanted to make more stuff and now i cant! Grrr!

He never chewed anything when he was a puppy and now he is past 1 he is starting to chew things! No matter what i do. Long walks, toys etc. Sigh.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Gosh, I hope his teeth are not worn down too much, perhaps he was jealous of your attention and thought he would get rid of a rival. I should fine him a few dog biscuits.
    Chris W.
    x
    Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

don't worry too much my golden has always eaten anything he can get his paws on, he is now 13 years young, still the same but has survived. I now find that sticks of celery keep him amused and the vet happy.

Comment

one of my BC's is bad for chewing - we went to the local petstore (Acorn Pets) and got one of those HUGE bones - kept him amused, and my house safe, for about a week. the other thing you could try is stuff a kong full of his favourite treats and freeze it - takes them aaaaaaaaaaages to get the kong empty
        www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Our old smelly thing started to eat internet cables last year, so we moved them all out of the way.
          So he ate the live power lead!! we got up in the morning to no power and a very guilty looking dog. Doesnt seem to have done him any harm and hes stopped eating anything but his food

Comment

Originally posted by urbtaf View Post
            Our old smelly thing started to eat internet cables last year, so we moved them all out of the way.
            Auntynet? I thought you kept her in the cellar
            www.beadlab.com

Comment

He'll be fine! My dog has eaten all sorts of weird and wonderful things.

The first few days that we had her, she jumped on the kitchen counter and ate a whole chocolate cake, freshly baked by my mum, since then she has gotten into the pantry and scattered raw potatoes up the stairs (lethal!) The other day we found chewed conkers hidden in her basket!

We bought some big plastic tubs to store her food in, she chewed through them!
              My mum baked 20/30 custard creams, she knocked the tin down, ate half, and hid the rest! We kept finding them in strange places for days afterwards!
              She's knocked the kitchen bin over thousands of times! Hides melon rinds up the garden.
              She's a rescue dog who had to scavenge if you hadn't guessed! I THOUGHT those habits had been broken! 'Til i came home the other day to find a trail of destruction throughout the house! It turns out she'd jumped on the counter top and pinched two plums, and seven apricots! She eaten the stones and all!!!!!!
              MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Lol! Well i think Flynn is good compared to some of your dogs

He only ever chews things that are left out. But not stuff like shoes or clothes. Only pens, any paper...anything plastic. I actually think he only really ate the plastic roller bit of the soft flex. A lot of the actual wire stuff was on the floor. Hard to tell how much of that he ate.

He also only chews in the first five mins that i leave! I did an experiment once where i went to the shop in the car and was gone for about 3 mins. I left sometihng on the floor. Sure enough it was chewed when i got back. So i think its a slight anxiety thing. Its his only major issue really. As long as i put stuff away hes ok.
                Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
                  Lol! Well i think Flynn is good compared to some of your dogs

He only ever chews things that are left out. But not stuff like shoes or clothes. Only pens, any paper...anything plastic. I actually think he only really ate the plastic roller bit of the soft flex. A lot of the actual wire stuff was on the floor. Hard to tell how much of that he ate.

He also only chews in the first five mins that i leave! I did an experiment once where i went to the shop in the car and was gone for about 3 mins. I left sometihng on the floor. Sure enough it was chewed when i got back. So i think its a slight anxiety thing. Its his only major issue really. As long as i put stuff away hes ok.
                  Yes, we've come to learn that anything chewed is actually our fault for leaving it within reach!
                  MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Think yourself lucky he didn't eat any of your finished work. The Lab' we had as kids ate a watch, a locket (complete with chain) and we think she ate a ring too. We caught her with the first two but didn't actually see her eat the ring! She ate lots of other stuff too, these were just the Jewellery items! It just amazes me what their stomachs will cope with!
                    Natalie
                    website blog

Comment

Did you see the story of the lab that ate about 10 olf balls! Over a period of a few months. They only found out when the owner heard them rattling about lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X