Nicest thing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicest thing....

What's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to you?..........

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

A "girly" question requires a girly answer I think, so . . . . .

The nicest thing anyone has ever said to me is "I do . . . . . . . "

Told you it was girly but hey - I waited 40 years to hear it!
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
      A "girly" question requires a girly answer I think, so . . . . .

The nicest thing anyone has ever said to me is "I do . . . . . . . "

Told you it was girly but hey - I waited 40 years to hear it!
      Wow.. auntynet, 40 years wait????

Comment

Don't know about the nicest but certainly the best thing I ever heard was the result of my amnio test when I was told (at the age of 42) that my baby was fine and i was having a boy.
        www.littlebead.blogspot.com
        www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

An hour ago i asked my boyf to say something nice so that i could repeat it on here...........he's still going errrrrrrrrrrrm!
          MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

It's really spooky that this question is being asked this week, but for me it was a comment from an American friend.

Like everyone else, I watched with horror the events that happened in America 7 years ago, and when I heard about the Pentagon being hit, I was straight on the phone to my friend, she lives not all that far from it. I couldn't get through and eventually sent her an email to check that she and the family were ok.

I finally got her on the phone later that evening, she was totally beside herself as her husband had flown to California that morning, and was very nearly on on one of the planes involved (he had a choice of 2 flights), obviously he was stuck on the other side of the US with no way to get home unless he drove the 3000 or so miles.

I spoke to her quite a bit on the phone that week, and then one day I phoned her, and as soon as she knew it was me, she screamed down the phone that he was home. He had only been home a few hours, but he came to the phone to chat to me, and I remember him saying 'thank you for thinking of us and being there for us, and most of all for supporting Candy this week, I know she has appreciated it, and I do too. God bless you'

I was so touched, I mean I hadn't actually done anything except call her for a few minutes each time, but apparently, just having someone do that meant a lot to them, especially someone so far away from them.
            www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

You're really huggable!
              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

sORRY IT'S SAD BUT IT WAS WHEN MY LOVELY MUM WAS DYING AND SHE TOLD ME SHE LOVED ME. SHE WASN'T DEMONSTRATIVE AT ALL AND AT HER BEDSIDE IN HOSPITAL I WAS TELLING MY SISTER THAT AS I WAS GROWING UP ALL I EVER WANTED WAS MY MUM TO TELL ME SHE LOVED ME. SHE WAS UNCONSCIOUS BUT SHE PATTED MY HAND AND MOUTHED 'I LOVE YOU' NO SOUND CAME OUT BUT IT WAS THERE. IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL MOMENT. THE BEST IN MY LIFE!!! SUE XX
                http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

I think the best thing would be my parents telling me they were really proud of me when I passed my final exams for my degree earlier this year.

OH says nice things a lot so it's hard to choose one thing.

A nice and completely random thing someone has said was when I passed a stranger on the street in Leamington and he turned and said 'smile, you're beautiful'!! It took me by surprise, but it did make me smile

Claire
                  Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                  Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                  www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

First time when OH said he loved me
                    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Thank you for asking.....

I rarely have time to stop and think about stuff like this.

Now that i've had a think I've had a few nice things said. Like when my hubby proposed (completely surprised me with a trip to Venice and popped the question in the middle of St Marks Square), when my nearly 6, 4, and 3 year old tell me 'i love you mummy' even if they've just done something wrong or when my 1 year old first said 'mummy'.
                      All heart wrenching to me!
                      Just off to ring my mum and say something lovelyto her - spread the love and all that.
                      Thanks again for the nudge!
                      jacksonhen

www.jacksonhennigan.co.uk
                      www.maiaweddingsandevents.co.uk

Comment

What a nice thread

Just reading all of your responses gave me a lovely feeling. For me, the one thing that comes to mind is this incident with my middle daughter (she's 20). She and her friend were giving me a ride and Reba McIntyre singing "I'm a Survivor" came on. When it got to the part of singing about being a single mom, working two jobs, etc., my daughter looked at her friend and said this song is about my mother - who take care of us all alone and made it and always loved us. I'm not normally a very emotional person but she made me cry. I still get tears in my eyes when I think of it.
                        to make spa products for fun or profit

Comment

Thanks girls for sharing your nicest moments...

Comment

Originally posted by SusieQ View Post
                            sORRY IT'S SAD BUT IT WAS WHEN MY LOVELY MUM WAS DYING AND SHE TOLD ME SHE LOVED ME. SHE WASN'T DEMONSTRATIVE AT ALL AND AT HER BEDSIDE IN HOSPITAL I WAS TELLING MY SISTER THAT AS I WAS GROWING UP ALL I EVER WANTED WAS MY MUM TO TELL ME SHE LOVED ME. SHE WAS UNCONSCIOUS BUT SHE PATTED MY HAND AND MOUTHED 'I LOVE YOU' NO SOUND CAME OUT BUT IT WAS THERE. IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL MOMENT. THE BEST IN MY LIFE!!! SUE XX
                            Oh i know exactly how you feel, i found out about a week ago that my mummy is dying, she told me how much she loves me and i said the same. Oh here come the tears again
                            MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
                              Oh i know exactly how you feel, i found out about a week ago that my mummy is dying, she told me how much she loves me and i said the same. Oh here come the tears again
                              Ohh.. Louise88, I'm sorry to hear this (sorry I can't find suitable hugging smile)...but i can give you a real kitty hug....

Comment

Working...
                              X