Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't have to respond to this I just want to moan a bit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't have to respond to this I just want to moan a bit.

I am supposed to be going away for 4 days next Monday - taking Grandkids to Centre Parks. Everyone is all keyed up and excited.
    But.........
    The dogs mouth is all swolen so took her to doggy doctor this morning - abscess on tooth - extraction on Monday.
    Stepfather (I am only next of kin) 90 yrs old taken into Hospital today and not expected to last much longer.
    I don't know why I bothered to try for a holiday.
    Thats it, moan over, tomorrow is another day they say. Rosies tooth could be the recipient of a miraculous recovery as could Stepfather. Who knows
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Doesn't that just suck!!!!

I really feel for you Carol - you must have been so looking forward to it.

Can't you contact Centre Parks explaining about your step father (omitting the "step" bit and ask if you can re-schedule the holiday. My sister and her hubby did this last year when he got called for Jury Service and they were great about it. I know its not the same circumstances but it must be worth a try.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Thanks Auntynet. Actually, it is a bit more complicated than that. I tried to keep it simple on here but I am also takng Aged Aunt who is paying for Grandchildren - are you beginning to get the picture? I do get myself in these messes - eyes wide open too.
      Carol

Comment

Well now that puts a different light on it doesn't it?

My next suggestion - Isn't there anyone else that could go with Aged Aunt and the kids?

Urbtaf's suggestion - disown the entire family and take off by yourself (my translations of his words) .

I might add that it is Saturday night - if you get my drift.

And also - he was a single parent to 2 teenage kids for quite a few years and eventually reached the point where he thought "sod it - I'm doing what I want for a change!" And that's when he met me and he's now back to square one, looking after a teenager but with the added bonus ( or should that be hinderance?? ) of a wife in tow.
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Your story is so close to mine it is unbelievable. Just opposite way round. I was a widow (with 3 teenagers) for 12 years and met Rog who had never been married and had no experience with kids let alone teenagers. A big learning curve.
          But I am tempted to go along with Urbtaf. If only I could.....
          Got the dog covered - No.2. son is going to house sit with partner and their dog. Just have to keep them appart. (The dogs that is).
          I am only 2 ish hours away so I could always come home and leave them all there - also tempting. Thank you for your suggestions.
          Carol

Comment

Thinking of you Carol, hope you manage to get away, sounds like you need the break, Selina

Comment

Thanks Selina. I ask you - is it worth it. All day ironing and packing just for 4 days. I will think twice next time.
              Carol

Comment

Working...
              X