Off to school...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to school...!

Anyone else out there got slight butterflies in their tummy 'cos there littlies are starting school this week? My son starts on Thursday and he is sooo ready for it. I am really excited for him but somehow it also feels like the end of babyhood too...
    Mel

My baby starts high school on Monday, and I for one cannot wait, he's being a little &*%£ at the moment. My daughter will be going into year 9, and she is in on Friday for training for being a buddy for the new kids.
    www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Yes me!! My little girl still has some toddler ways but I know that she'll loose them soon enough when she starts school. Even though its only part time till Easter its still big school, uniform and all that. She'll love it though.
      Amanda
      xx

Comment

Hi

I work in a primary school in primary one (4 - 5 yr olds), so I look on the end of the school holidays a little bit differently to some parents. Don't worry about your little ones starting school they all love it I think its mostly the parents that get upset, I know I did! My eldest is starting university at the end of the month and I have butterflies thinking about it.
        www.mycalicoheart.co.uk
        www.mycalicoheart.blogspot.com
        www.mycalicoheart.misi.co.uk
        www.mycalicoheart.folksy.com

Comment

Not proper school yet but my eldest should be starting preschool in the next couple of weeks. He will be three in november - they grow up so quickly! I have been putting it off as am very over protective about him (he was 10wks prem and spent first 7 weeks in hospital so he is still very fragile in my mind iykwim) but he really needs to start making some friends. It will be so odd to just have my 1 year old to look after while he is there!

x hannah

Comment

Dd was at pre-school one morning a week before the hols and she loved it! But she went back on Friday kicking and screaming - I could hardly get her out the house! After fighting to get her in the car and having her scream all the way, the lady took her off me and as soon as she got inside the play room she stopped and started playing
            Pain in the bum! ~ We will see how it goes tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone else
            xx
            incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
            ___

Comment

My last littlie started school last Thursday. She is well ready for it and I have no worries about her coping it's me I'm not so sure about. My eldest turned 10 last weekend and the middle daughter is starting year 2. I just can't believe that I wont have any toddlers any more. The next phase of my life is just starting -the mother of older children!! I've moaned for many years that I dont have any time to myself and now I dont know what I'm gonna do with it all.

(dont do cleaning!!!!)

Claire x

Comment

ahh, I don't have any children myself but work in a school on Mondays-I think we should all be jealous of the kiddies-all the teachers at our school were busy unpacking boxes of glue, paper, glitter, paints etc today...I was turning green with envy!!

Good luck to all of you school-mums

Visit my blog!
                http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
                www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                  My baby starts high school on Monday, and I for one cannot wait, he's being a little &*%£ at the moment. My daughter will be going into year 9, and she is in on Friday for training for being a buddy for the new kids.
                  Minestarts senior school tomorrow - yee ha! Eleven but built (and acting) like a fourteen year old its definitely time for him to go back. He's not so bad really but I do want my time and space back so I can get on and do stuff for me.
                  www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                  www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

My little lad Sam starts school on Wednesday. He is more than ready, what a pain in behind he has been recently. Sam's teacher is known in the area for being very strict but very fair. I think he needs some of that!!!

He's been going to nursery since he was ten months old (he's five in november) so he's used to being out of the house from 8am to 5pm, he's only on half days for the fisrt two weeks; he won't know what's hit him.

Tomorrow he has asked if he can have a uniform practise day, so that's what we're doing in the morning.

Well, chin up to all 'first-time starting school' parents!

Sharon
                    Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
                    Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
                    Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

I work in a primary school with all ages from 5-12 (18 pupils in the school this year), mainly supporting children with extra needs. I know as a parent myself how it feels when they go off to school, but I've never yet had one that didn't have a good time (had some issues persuading pre-schoolers away from mum in my previous existence mind you!)

I only have one left at school now - and he is in 3rd year at high school, oldest has just graduated from uni - sending him off there was worse than primary school I think!
                      Julia

http://www1.freewebs.com/jaydee67/index.htm

Comment

Ah - thanks for comments everyone. I didn't think I'd be the only one with a new schooler (having read comments about kids here before).. but its still kind of good to know others are feeling the same. I do have some experience of it (have a teen too!) and it was all starting to come back to me when I was labelling up all the clothes/kit at the weekend but I think its that fact that I know I wont be having another littlie ....at least until becoming a grandparent
                        Mel

Comment

Originally posted by BeadsbyLili View Post
                          I think its that fact that I know I wont be having another littlie ....at least until becoming a grandparent
                          Yep, that's where i'm at too .

Don't know whether to be thankful for getting some time back or devastated that they're all moving on.

However i feel now, by the end of October it will all be normal and I'll have moved along onto my next thing to worry about.

Life is just 1 big ball of fun - lol.

Claire x

Comment

HI
                            My oldest is starting reception on thursday too. I get teary just thinking about it. He's very excited and so ready for it. I've still got some labels to sew into the clothes!

Good luck all first time school mums - are you taking a tissue. I think I'd better! LOL

x
                            http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
                            Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
                            My Facebook

Comment

Here's a pic of Em this morning - & no tears today!!
                              I can't believe she is going to be 3 on Friday! I'm the one crying all the time atm!
                              Little MONSTER! ....
                              Last edited by incywincy; 02-09-2008, 05:15 PM.
                              incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                              ___

Comment

Working...
                              X