Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I tried a little training this weekend????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried a little training this weekend????

But I think Tigger and Pooh won the day and no one listened to me.

Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

hahahahaha!

How old are they? I'm trying to convince my 2.5 year old to use his potty but he's having none of it. He's off nursery for the next week with chickenpox and I thought this would be perfect timing but his bum is covered in spots and he doesn't like seeing them so he's not for wearing pants at all.
    www.blottedcopybook.co.uk

Comment

Poor little mite, I bet they itch.
      They are my Grandsons and will be three in October. They do aid and abet each other a bit so potty training has become a bit of a trial but thy start nursery next week and are supposed to be clean. I fear the worst.
      Carol

Comment

Awww they're still really young to be totally toilet trained. I think my eldest was a few months shy of four before he stopped wearing night nappies, although my Mum tells me that all four of hers were clean and dry night and day by two. Previous generation knows best and all that

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
          Awww they're still really young to be totally toilet trained. I think my eldest was a few months shy of four before he stopped wearing night nappies, although my Mum tells me that all four of hers were clean and dry night and day by two. Previous generation knows best and all that
          Fortunately I can 'Pass the buck' to their Mum but one of them is dry at night all on his own. I was never that lucky with mine (and we had to wash nappies in those days).
          Carol

Comment

Boys pick it up a lot slower than girls (what a surprise eh?) and mine never used the potty once. By three and a half he was having none of it. Then one day after playing outside all day with our neighbours son he came in and decided he wanted to use the loo. From that day he was dry day and night so he'd been kidding me along I think!
            www.littlebead.blogspot.com
            www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
              Fortunately I can 'Pass the buck' to their Mum but one of them is dry at night all on his own. I was never that lucky with mine (and we had to wash nappies in those days).
              I wash nappies by choice I must be mad!

Originally posted by janetdc View Post
              Boys pick it up a lot slower than girls (what a surprise eh?) and mine never used the potty once. By three and a half he was having none of it. Then one day after playing outside all day with our neighbours son he came in and decided he wanted to use the loo. From that day he was dry day and night so he'd been kidding me along I think!
              I've actually heard that too, several of the boys in my eldest's class are still wetting at night.

Comment

Originally posted by janetdc View Post
                Some children can be quite decisive can't they. One of these is a bit like that. Prefers the toilet. You ask the other one and he always says "No fanks".
                Carol

Comment

When training my son, he wasn't in the least bit interested in the potty, just ignored it. In fact we noticed that the only time he would use it was at night time just before he got put in his nappy for bed. And oh boy would he fill it, and he used to sit there with a contented look on his face.

Then it dawned on me (after a week or so), I had told him not to wee in his knickers, he took this literally and held it all in till it was time to take his pants off at night, it wasn't contentment as much, it was sheer relief

I know, I know, bad mummy
                  www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

I started trying my DS on the potty from the age of about 2 and half . . . . . . think he was about 4 when we finally manage to get him dry day and night.

He just didn't care that he'd got wet/dirty pants on and would play in the garden for ages - usually until I noticed he needed clean underwear and trousers on! He was such a dirty little . . . . ewwwwww! Not nice. I can't tell you how many pairs of underpants I would throw away - I never could deal with soiled stuff very well at all.

It was probably starting nursery that made him think about what he was doing and within a few weeks of him going to nursery he just started using the toilet and miraculously was dry at nights. Its surprising how a few comments from other kids about "nasty smells" can work wonders.
                    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I know what you mean. It's face mask and rubber gloves job for me too.
                      Carol

Comment

My oldest son was dry in the day quite young but still soiled his pants. He wet his bed as well as his nappy he did so much in it, so one night I put the potty beside the bed with him in pants and told him to pee in that - he did - it was slopping over when he came to my bed carrying it the next morning. Never had a wet bed from him again - still pooed his pants though. ~My other 2 had wet beds into their teens, comments about it at that age are really hurtful.
                        Julia

http://www1.freewebs.com/jaydee67/index.htm

Comment

Thats a shame, both my brothers wet their beds until they were 11 I think it was. They get so embarrassed about it. We were told then that it was a medical condition because their bowels hadn't matured enough. They are in their late fifties now so science had advanced somewhat.
                          Carol

Comment

Working...
                          X