Really Boring Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Boring Question...

Our boiler is on it's very last legs and we're going to have to get a new one before winter. Does anyone know roughly how much a gas combi boiler costs including fitting? I know it's gonna be absolutely loads and if I have a ballpark figure I can get quotes (and a loan out if necessary ).

Said it was a boring question!
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Im not a boiler genius but i recall the cost for 2 new boilers a few years back, around £5,000!!
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Worcester combi costs around a thousand, with fitting about two to two and a half.

Comment

Check out the small ads in your local papers. In ours there are loads of Corgi registered plumbers advertising new combi boiler + 5 radiators for around £1500.
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

We paid a local company £2300 for worchester bosch condenser combi, that included fitting. This was in May. British Gas quoted £3300 and we had one other quote which was more than what we paid.
          Amanda
          xx

Comment

Hubby is a plumber and he says roughly between two and three grand ish, not much help I'm afraid but most replys are in the same price range. Selina

Comment

Originally posted by colourart View Post
              We paid a local company £2300 for worchester bosch condenser combi, that included fitting. This was in May. British Gas quoted £3300 and we had one other quote which was more than what we paid.
              Cost me about the same (2300) and we had all the valves changed on the radiators and stuff put into the system... the boiler was also moved down the cellar - i think they would have quoted more if they had realised it would take an hour n half to drill the hole for the flu - the bricks this house is built with are mega hard
              Chris xx
              My Website
              My Blog

Comment

Gosh I wasn't expecting such a good response so quickly - many thanks girls (and Peter ) well you're all talking the same kind of figures so looks like about £2500 is the going rate...ouch but it's preferable to sitting in subzero temperatures and washing in cold water I guess - just!

And Amanda, would you recommend the company you used? I'd rather get in someone recommended than just a random from the Yellow Pages - been stung like that before.

Thanks again everyone, who'd have thought crafters were such a mine of information when it comes to boilers
                Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Working...
                X