A poem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A poem...

I think I mentioned that I had a pretty bad car accident in 1999 and a few years later started writing a bit of poetry. So, I thought I'd share one with you. I know you're not supposed to explain poems but I remember ones from school being 'what the heck was all that about' sort of ones, so just to say this one means don't take life for granted because you never know when something's going to happen...enjoy life in other words...here goes...

Will soon be still

Don't let days rush by with no second glance,
    For sun and sunset are eternally there,
    They have no loss of time or last chance
    As day and night pass by with hours to spare.

A leaf will fall and dry then disappear,
    Its dust blows free on the gentle breeze,
    Hold arms out wide to catch raindrops' tears
    And drink life's elixir on fallen knees.

Our face grows old with furrows timely deep
    By moments gone and hours laughed on by,
    The clock itself, whose time is cheap,
    Is not ours to spend unwisely without a sigh

Savour days when reflections can be felt
    And breathe in deep the hours we freely kill,
    Remind our arms of times we dearly held,
    For all of our days, rushed, will soon be still.

Annette x
    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

It's a lovely poem. I think my poems might stay at home... mine are very strange and a bit nonsensical!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

A beautiful, sad poem.

Jo x
      Things to make and do
      Things to make and do's Facebook page
      Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

ahh, that's lovely, sort of sad and happy at the same time.

Visit my blog!
        http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
        www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

That is beautiful and certainly reflects your gratitude for still being alive.
          Like Indri, my serious ones will stay home. No matter how had I try mine usually end up with a quirky punch line therefore spoiling any degree of seriousness I started out with. I think I must be a bit shallow. Have you had any published, if so, where as I would love to read some more.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

That is a beautiful poem, both happy and sad at the same time.

I'm not a big reader of poetry, but to me that sums up just how we should all take the time to appreciate life.

Claire
            Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
            Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
            www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Aw thanks everyone. Sorry it's a bit sad. I've had a couple published in anthologies by United Press. I've got about 150+ poems and I'm in the process of transferring them from A4 to A5 and there are gaps between verses where my hubby's aunt is going to do some drawings, trailing flowers and borders, to make the pages look pretty. I want them to be like 'coffee table' books with different themes, 'love', 'dreams and wishes', 'heaven and angels' etc. I've got in my head what I want them to look like but it's getting and doing it that's my problem!! We're in the process of putting together a classic car hire business too and with this, poems and crafting of course, time is whizZing by. I do have a tendency to put things off too but we'll get there...
              Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

I have a couple of those Anthologies Netty, which ones are you in, maybe I've got it.

I have just checked - I've got Summe Daze and Affectionately Yours. Are you in either of them?
                Last edited by Critchley; 15-08-2008, 09:06 PM. Reason: Want to add something.
                Carol

Comment

Originally posted by nettie View Post

hours laughed on by,

Annette x
                  Love it Annette, beautiful thoughts and really well put together. I didnt actually get sad from it myself - just an encouragement to cherish every moment

Thats my fave part - hours laughed on by

Excellent advice, bet your book will be beautiful with all the images around your words, be great to see it at some point - get a spurt on!
                  Shaz x
                  Keepsake Kollections
                  & Rossendale Ramblings!
                  http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Poignant is the word I would use... very thought-provoking.

Si.
                    Wood Tattoos
                    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                    Facebook
                    Flickr
                    Twitter

Comment

Thank you for all the lovely words and encouragement. The anthologies were Rhyme and Reason(my copy's here somewhere!) and The Voice of Reason(on my bookshelf, p221!). Yep, I must get a move on and just do it, thanks for your support

Comment

Originally posted by nettie View Post
                        Thank you for all the lovely words and encouragement. The anthologies were Rhyme and Reason(my copy's here somewhere!) and The Voice of Reason(on my bookshelf, p221!). Yep, I must get a move on and just do it, thanks for your support
                        Would you believe it. Not got those, I have Summer Daze and Affectionately Yours. What a shame.
                        Carol

Comment

Working...
                        X