Hubby's in hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubby's in hospital

Luckily not too serious but he should be going in for his operation about now. He went to the doctors this morning with an abscess on the base of his spine and the doctor referred him straight to hospital. I've been there all day with him and just got home, he should be going into surgery about now-ish unless they get an emergency admission. I've got the ward's phone number and will phone at about 10pm to see if he's out of surgery - wish I could be there when he comes out but it'll be too late for visitors.

Typically my parents are away so I'm going to have to shut the shop to collect him as he should be discharged sometime tomorrow.

Now I've got to sit twiddling my thumbs until I can phone the hospital.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Sorry to here that Natty, hope he gets better soon.
    Annette

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear your hubby's not well. Send him get well soon wishes from the forum.

Reminds me of my absess - not a very pleasant experience at all cos mine was a little lower down than the base of my spine IYGWIM!

EDIT - waaay too much information from me so deleted it.

Just wondered natty, is your name Annette by any chance cos if it is then that makes three of us in a row.
      Last edited by auntynet; 21-07-2008, 08:40 PM.
      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

So sorry - keep your chin up.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Bless you - hope all goes well. We are thinking of you and your husband.
          Cynthia
          http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Sorry to hear that your hubby is in hospital. I hope his opperation goes well and that he will be home with you soon.
            Jo x
            Things to make and do
            Things to make and do's Facebook page
            Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Oh no Natty Hope he is better soon. xx

If I was nearer I'd love to shop sit for you.
              incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
              ___

Comment

Hope everything goes Ok for your hubby, I'm sure he'll be up and about in no time, Selina

Comment

oH POOR YOU!!! I'M SURE WE WILL ALL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU BOTH!
                  GOOD LUCK TO YOUR HUBBY! SUEXX
                  http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

thinking about you and hubby
                    while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

Thanks so much everyone for your best wishes I've just phoned the ward and he's out of surgery and has come round from the general aneasetic - I asked them to tell him that I phoned and that I love him - sap I know!

I just wish I was there with him, hopefully though having the op so late in the day the aneasetic will take a while to wear off and he'll have a comfortable nights sleep.

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                      Just wondered natty, is your name Annette by any chance cos if it is then that makes three of us in a row.
                      Nearly, you just need to put a 'J' in front
                      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                        T I've just phoned the ward and he's out of surgery and has come round from the general aneasetic
                        Great news...

Say hello from us!

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Glad to hear that the operation went well, I hope he has a really speedy recovery
                          Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

aww bless netty, today is another day and hopefully he is feeling much better and it wont be long before he's back home with you.

Keep your chin up

Pauline x
                            Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

ouch, not so good, but luckily the surgery went well - here's hoping for a speedy recovery
                              www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Working...
                              X