Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all parents

I dont know how you do it!!
    I was just in charge of my 7 week old niece all night and I am hungry and soooo tired.
    Fed at 1.30am,5.40am, then again at 7.30.But there were pooh free nappies which was a blessing.
    Her smiles were a lovely thank you but I dont think i could do it every night.My sis in law must be shattered.
    My hat is off to all you parents.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

don`t worry if it was your own baby you got used to this... and you will love it!!!

I just had two crazy nights with my 4 months old son when he was waking me up two hours and was breastfeeding him... well from when he was 1 month old he started sleeping all the nights over so these two where like nightmare... I hope he will be fine tonight...

and he is my third one, though
    blog
    website
    etsy shop
    folksy shop
    twitter

Comment

I was up last night for a couple of hours with my four year old. He had the loudest barking cough and was shaking uncontrollably. So he ended up in bed with us and of course I was the one who was shunted right to the edge of the bed. He did go back to his own bed eventually but it took me ages to go back to sleep. I was thinking' oh I wonder if he's ok'. He's fine today though.

Hopefully no more barking children!!!
      Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
      Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
      Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sillyoldbear View Post
        I was up last night for a couple of hours with my four year old. He had the loudest barking cough and was shaking uncontrollably. So he ended up in bed with us and of course I was the one who was shunted right to the edge of the bed. He did go back to his own bed eventually but it took me ages to go back to sleep. I was thinking' oh I wonder if he's ok'. He's fine today though.

Hopefully no more barking children!!!
        I know how you feeling, my oldest one - she used to get very bad cough because of her asthma, many, many sleepless nights - she is nine now and this year was the first without night problems... wish your son won`t suffer that long...
        blog
        website
        etsy shop
        folksy shop
        twitter

Comment

Oh you just get used to it The positive aspects of being a parent outweighs the negative by far. My DD is 7 months and I remember the first 12 weeks (the most difficult weeks for me) just flying by and now it's all just a distant & faded memory.

When you have a baby, everything is like in a daze. Hard to explain but I think something in your brain just switches off so you can deal with it better. That probably makes no sense.

And if someone could please turn that switch back on for me again that would be greatly appreciated
          Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
          http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
          http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

All these people saying "oh, you just get used to it". Well, i never got used to it. It was total hell !!!!! The getting up and feeding or getting up with the crying. My daughter is 3yrs old now and all those nights of getting up are STILL fresh in my mind. As is the the pain of labour. With me, it just didnt go away. So anytime i see a baby and get a bit clucky, i think back to how it was and puts me right off having another. God, 3yrs on and im STILL on the happy pills !!!! ha ha
            Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
              I dont know how you do it!!
              I was just in charge of my 7 week old niece all night and I am hungry and soooo tired.
              Fed at 1.30am,5.40am, then again at 7.30.But there were pooh free nappies which was a blessing.
              Her smiles were a lovely thank you but I dont think i could do it every night.My sis in law must be shattered.
              My hat is off to all you parents.
              You are brave - before I had my two I never dared look after anyone elses baby - the sound of a screaming baby made me run a mile! Have a 11 month old and nearly 3 year old now.

xxHannah

Comment

Glad to hear you are baby sitting Seahorse!!

I've never had a problem with sleeping - if I'm tired enough I'm off whether I'm feeding a baby or not!!!

Fortunatly my two slept through from 10 weeks (and then not from 6 months until around 2!) and 20 weeks (still does) and their feeds were usually the same each night. And only once did I have an afternoon nap (to get away from visitors hehehehe!)

You do get used to it - you are pregnant for 9 months and its your body's way of getting you ready!! I used to get up for a pee during the night frequently when having the eldest and funnily enough, those were his feeding times!!!!!!!!! So I was prepared!!

Comment

oh my, I remember those days well - my two are now 14 and 20 and I have to admit, I'm so glad those days are over now. I was a single parent from when my son was 11 months until two years ago (my first hubby passed away when my son was a babe) and it was rough for quite a few years. But....you get through it - like Babushka says, you switch off and just get on with it, doing what needs to be done. And it's true, the positives outweigh the negatives. There's nothing nicer than that quiet time during the night, just you and your baby feeding - it's a very personal, private time for the two of you to bond.
                  www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Originally posted by jezzabell View Post
                    I know how you feeling, my oldest one - she used to get very bad cough because of her asthma, many, many sleepless nights - she is nine now and this year was the first without night problems... wish your son won`t suffer that long...
                    Well, we're just about to go to bed, Sam's had his paracetamol as he's already a bit 'warm'.

Let's hope for a good night's sleep.

Night night bugs don't bite!
                    Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
                    Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
                    Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SNOWF1975 View Post
                      All these people saying "oh, you just get used to it". Well, i never got used to it. It was total hell !!!!! The getting up and feeding or getting up with the crying. My daughter is 3yrs old now and all those nights of getting up are STILL fresh in my mind. As is the the pain of labour. With me, it just didnt go away. So anytime i see a baby and get a bit clucky, i think back to how it was and puts me right off having another. God, 3yrs on and im STILL on the happy pills !!!! ha ha
                      Have to agree with you on this one. My son started crying when he was one day old and didn't stop till he was 5 months old (unless he had a bottle in his mouth). He used to have 20 mins sleep in the mornings, 20 mins mid afternoon and another 20 mins sometime during the night and that went on till he was 9 months old!

At the time I was living at home with my parents and every alternate night my mother used to have him "sleep" in her room.

If I'd been living in my own home my son wouldn't have lived past the age of 1 month and I'd still be in prison.

I love my son dearly but those early months were pure hell and it was no surprise to anyone that I only had one child.

My sister on the other hand had a baby that never ever cried (and thats no exageration) and she slept through the night from the age of about 1 month old. She loved being a new mum and positively blossomed with all the joys of motherhood. I just looked like a haggared old woman due to lack of sleep.
                      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I had a darling son after a 4 hour labour, he slept through the night from day one and never cried, boy was I a smug mum. Then I had another son, after a 2 hour blissful labour. He slept through from 6 weeks old & never cried. Then I was Queen Smug. Next I had a darling daughter..................the memory is so traumatic that I am still not over it 10 years later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She decided to be born and on the last minute, decided not. She was crying as she was dragged out and howled for the first year. She could empty a restaurant in 2 mins flat with that cry. She decided to sleep through the night from 11 months, I am still trying to catch up on the sleep. Needless to say I am no longer smug but I am very happy and everytime I kiss that blonde head of hair I feel very blessed,and a little sleepy.

Comment

Had a report earlier that my neice slept last night from 7.45pm to 5am!!!
                          https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

My Daughter had twin boys. When they arrived in this world they already had a pact, one was always to be awake, they never slept at the same time. The family had to do relays so Mum could get some sleep. Even out in the pushchair one would go off and the other would wait until the first woke before he went to sleep. It was incredible.
                            Carol
                            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by bright&beautiful View Post
                              Needless to say I am no longer smug but I am very happy and everytime I kiss that blonde head of hair I feel very blessed,and a little sleepy.

That is so sweet. It reminds me of a little someone in our house who will be four on Wednesday. She's a blondy too. She has never really slept through the night. She still wakes up most nights now, although these days its not for hours and hours like it was when she was a baby. She's had ezcema and asthma problems through her life which has kept her awake at night, but we still love her to pieces. Seeing them grow up, is completely worth it, you can forgive the sleepness nights. (maybe not forget though)

Enjoy the baby sitting Seahorse, you're a fab auntie willing to do that when shes so teeny weeny.
                              Amanda
                              xx

Comment

Working...
                              X