Don't even go there!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't even go there!!!

Now then. I'm a simple sort of lass and a bit of an eco-warrior so I only ever buy bars of Olive oil soap in cardboard boxes to use in the shower, but when my eldest daughter went on her first residential school trip last week I decided it would be easier if she just took a bottle of shower gel. So after a bit of sniffin' and reading of labels she chose the "Original Source" Tea-tree and Mint option. Well Em's a grubby little so 'n' so, and when she arrived home at the end of the week it was quite obvious she hadn't been near her wash bag. So, I put the lotions and potions back in the Bathroom with the intention of treating myself for a change.
    This morning I decided to use the shower gel for the first time......

Well.....I don't know what to say! The bottle states "the original wake up call" and certainly was very Minty and fresh. In fact so much so that my eyes began to stream as I lathered up the various bits of my body; arms, legs, shoulders and other unmentionable areas and then...........

OMG!!! The burning, the tingling!!!

Wouldn't want to put anyone off but just decide which bits you want waking up before you start using it!
    Natalie
    website blog

I decided to treat myself to some nice bath goodies this morning and I was standing there for ages trying to decide if I should go for the Natural Source Tea-tree & mint or the other coconut and something or other option. Decided to go with coconut. Thank crunchie for that!!!!

Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
    http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
    http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

Nat you made me laugh, yes it definitely tingles those parts that no shower gel can reach!! The Mint/Ttree shampoo is great for the kids definitely frightens off those nits. If you get the chance they do a lime shower gel, which is lovely -keeps those tears at bay
      Annette

Comment

Originally posted by Annette View Post
        The Mint/Ttree shampoo is great for the kids definitely frightens off those nits.
        Can't use it, the few time I did I was scratching as if I had nits and I'm suprised I had any scalp left. And I'm not usually a sensitive soul either
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I can't use it either Natty. When I turned 32 my hair started getting grey and my scalp became ultra sensitive, the only shampoo I can use is H&S Soothing. My boys are okay though, oh to be young again .
          Annette

Comment

hehe - very funny! How's your unmentionables now Nat?
            incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
            ___

Comment

I bet you cannot guess what we bought today !!!
              allabouteden blog

fromthehandsofkittyeden

my folksy shop

Comment

Originally posted by incywincy View Post
                hehe - very funny! How's your unmentionables now Nat?
                erm...fine. Thank you for asking! I'm trying to convince my OH to use it now, to see how it affects men! Ha ha ha! Maybe then he'll understand why I let out a squeak in the shower!!!
                Natalie
                website blog

Comment

I had exactly the same problem last year. Decided to have a week away with one of my friends in her caravan (minus the OH's). We're both very organised when we go away so we got together to decide who should take what, what food etc. She said not to bother with toiletries as she already has them all - "And the shower gel I've got is great, fresh, really nice, blah blah blah". I only used it the first day and ended up using shampoo on the sponge the remaining days as I didn't have the heart to tell her it was reaching the parts other shower gels don't!
                  Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I forgot to say when my youngest boy (9) had bath in the week, I let him get on, on his own.....when I went back in there was a really strong mint/Ttree smel and I thought to myself that this wasn't right as he wasn't washing his hair... got in there and he'd used the shampoo as a bodywash - he said he felt really fresh - as you do!!
                    Annette

Comment

Working...
                    X