waste of time record breaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waste of time record breaker.

I have just been to vote. I really wanted not to bother, but realising what women went through to secure me my vote I feel obliged to go.

David Davies was my MP (no I didn't ask him to be!) and I can't believe the farce that this local election has turned into. The ballot paper is a record breaker it's huge. it contains 26 names, most of which are lunatics. The candidate specs came throught the door in a bundle the other day. They made hillarious reading. There were people who wanted free beauty treatment fro all, people who wanted to promote smoking. David Ike, the monster raving luny's and a load of other no hopers. There is no one who stands an earthly chance as the liberals decided not to stand.
    DD knows he'll get in again. He wouldn't have stood down in the first place if he didn't.

Anyway I've been, put my cross and then shoved the loo roll into the ballot box!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

I voted once - when I was 18, just cos I was old enough to do so!

Never voted since cos it doesn't matter who gets in - they all p**s in the same pot and never do anything for us little people.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Totally agree Aunty Net! I'm a hairdresser and my older clients always say 'you should vote, they chained themselves to the railings so you could vote'' My reply now is 'No they chained themselves to the railing so that I have a choice and I exercise my right to choose by choosing not to vote'' Selina

Comment

'you should vote, they chained themselves to the railings so you could vote'' My reply now is 'No they chained themselves to the railing so that I have a choice and I exercise my right to choose by choosing not to vote''
        Quite right too. It's a free country (so they say!) and we have the right to choose whether or not we take up the options available to us.

I got totally fed up with people telling me I had to vote because the suffragettes fought to get women the vote. So in true Taurean fashion I didn't vote and told those people that the suffragettes fought for the right for women to vote, not the compulsion.

Now people don't go on at me I usually do vote - but then I also qualify for a postal vote so I don't have to drag myself round to a polling station at silly o'clock to do it.

Oops! another soapbox! I'll get down and go and do something useful.

Linda

Comment

They are all exactly the same... rubbish.

Let's create a Liberal Democraft party!!! Who shall we have as our candidate?

(Do you notice the way that I have conceded defeat to the pinkness of this Forum? The Liberal Democraft party would have to have pink as its main colour or I'll get shot by JBJB and everyone else.)

Si.
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

The LIBERAL DEMOCRAFT PARTY MEETING ROOMS could be fun. No shortage of design ideas for decorations, business cards, etc., We could let them out to ourselves for Craft Fairs, especially on election days. One could go on and on.
            Carol
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

love it - hilarious! I used to work for a politician (fun..) does that mean I can get a high up role in the crafters Cabinet!?
              www.AREjewellery.etsy.com
              http://arehandmadejewellery.blogspot.com/
              http://www.folksy.com/shops/AREjewellery

Comment

You can have whatever position you like in the Liberal Democraft cabinet... because the drawers are full of beads and fabric. I'm busy burning designs on the outside of the cabinet!

Si.
                Wood Tattoos
                Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                Facebook
                Flickr
                Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by AmyE View Post
                  love it - hilarious! I used to work for a politician (fun..) does that mean I can get a high up role in the crafters Cabinet!?

Is that another name for a crafty booze cupboard
                  Carol
                  Carol
                  God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                  X