Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 80's compilation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another 80's compilation

    I cant believe I have bought yet another 80's album.5 cd's for £7, baaaaargain.
    I did go through it and made sure there were classics.
    Your the voice(john farnham)land of make believe(bucks fizz)etc
    I cant stop being nostalgic, Ive got so many old songs!

    Anybody else obsessed with the era where they were young and worry free?
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


    http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

  • #2
    Yep I have to agree with that - particularly since I was 40 on Sunday very nostalgic looking back. Lost count of how many 80's compliations I have.

    Cheers.

    Lisa

    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
      Anybody else obsessed with the era where they were young and worry free?
      Or in some cases, anybody else obsessed with the era that they spent toddling about eating sweets and going to primary school?

      Si.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

      Comment


      • #4
        Lisa, 40 is the new 30.
        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


        http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

        Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

        Comment


        • #5
          Oh yes!!

          Especially when I thought there were only one 7 o'clocks in the day!!

          Comment


          • #6
            I know I'm the same age as you Seahorse (actually I'm 1 month younger ) but my music obsession is the 90's. Got so many compilation albums - the indie/dance stuff not naff pop and was watching some channel on cable TV t'other day which had best 90's songs - there I was singing along to every one announcing to hubby whether it reminded me of school, 6th form, uni or my first job, it's amazing how a song can transfer you straight to another time

            Actually talking about 90's music I went a bit mad (for me) and ordered 3 CD's which should be delivered any day soon - got best of albums for Saint Etienne, Dubstar and Suzanne Vega hoping they'll be ok to play in the shop as I'm getting fed up with the chill-out ones after 6 weeks of constant play!

            Hey I'm so uncool I'm cool
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
              I know I'm the same age as you Seahorse (actually I'm 1 month younger ) but my music obsession is the 90's. Got so many compilation albums - the indie/dance stuff not naff pop and was watching some channel on cable TV t'other day which had best 90's songs - there I was singing along to every one announcing to hubby whether it reminded me of school, 6th form, uni or my first job, it's amazing how a song can transfer you straight to another time

              Actually talking about 90's music I went a bit mad (for me) and ordered 3 CD's which should be delivered any day soon - got best of albums for Saint Etienne, Dubstar and Suzanne Vega hoping they'll be ok to play in the shop as I'm getting fed up with the chill-out ones after 6 weeks of constant play!

              Hey I'm so uncool I'm cool
              Yeah, the 90s is when I got into music as well... indie, Britpop, rock and loads more... happy days. But then I'm still always keeping an ear open for new bands and artists these days, moving with the times...

              Si.
              Wood Tattoos
              Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
              Facebook
              Flickr
              Twitter

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm a proper 80's kid!...I was born in 79 so all the 80's tunes remind me of being a kid. I my favourite 80's album is the 'Pretty in Pink' one or the St Elmo's fire one....or the Lostboys one actually (possibly the Working Girl one).
                Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

                Comment


                • #9
                  I love 80's music! I was in my teens then so it reminds me of school friends.

                  Have been listening to The Edge of the Eighties over the past couple of days while I have been painting the spare room! Great tracks on that one!
                  Trish

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by glasskanvas View Post
                    I'm a proper 80's kid!...I was born in 79 .

                    Whhhhhaaaatttt???? I now feel old.........

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
                      Whhhhhaaaatttt???? I now feel old.........
                      I'm glad it wasn't just me that had that reaction!!
                      Trish

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hey, i'm in my 4th decade!....plus I remember being a baby so i'm older than my years. Think Mr Burns with glass cuts.
                        Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                        Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                        Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ive just spent the last hour and a half+ listening to it at full volume.
                          I started with a bit of a boogie, doing my best 80's moves then after about half an hour sat in a nostalgic slump rocking back and forward wondering what happened to the good old days.
                          They dont make em like they used to.
                          https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


                          http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

                          Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by glasskanvas View Post
                            I'm a proper 80's kid!...I was born in 79 so all the 80's tunes remind me of being a kid. I my favourite 80's album is the 'Pretty in Pink' one or the St Elmo's fire one....or the Lostboys one actually (possibly the Working Girl one).
                            You've just named all my favourite movies there, although only saw them in the 90's when me and my friends would rent them all out and have long movie sessions in the summer holidays (curtains drawn, popcorn popped in the microwave and 2 litre bottles of coke - our nearest cinema was 20 miles away so we'd recreate the effect in my lounge!)

                            To my shame I still quote bits out of The Lost Boys...much to everyone elses bemusement
                            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Maggots Michael...your eating maggots.How do they taste?
                              https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


                              http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

                              Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X