Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for anyone who knows more about computers than me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for anyone who knows more about computers than me!

Sorry this isn't craft-related but I've got a question!

I've got Windows XP on my computer with an account for each member of the family. How do you adjust the account settings so that it would log you out automatically after a period of inactivity for a few minutes? I'm sure it can be done as one account seems to do it but not all.

Can anyone help me?!

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

One account is the administrator account and the other accounts have to be altered through that one. I think it's through the control panel.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

It is in the Control Panel under Users - click on each account to edit the settings - You need to be an Administrator to do it
      Chris xx
      My Website
      My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kiamyka View Post
        It is in the Control Panel under Users - click on each account to edit the settings - You need to be an Administrator to do it
        That's where I've been looking but I can't find any command that sets an automatic time-out logging off feature. Hmm...

Si.
        Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

OK Si

Go here
          http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/ezine/tools.htm

download winexit.scr

Doubleclick on the zip file you have just downloaded and extract the winexit.scr file to,say, your desktop. Then right click on the file and select the 'install' option. A window will open showing you the properties of the logoff screen saver.
          Select the time you want to elapse before the screen saver kicks in, then click on the settings button, tick the application termination box at the top of the small screen that has just opened. You can also customise the logoff message.
          Thats basically it. Any problems post back here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314999 gives more info about this Microsoft tool
          Chris xx
          My Website
          My Blog

Comment

Working...
          X