Of all the Cheek!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of all the Cheek!

I don't believe it, first eBay tell me that I'm trying to circumvent their fees and now, an eBay member has told me that my listing for milky sapphires is (in her opinion) "...a listing for faceted blue cats eye beads..." Well, I know I'm not David Bailey but, to me, my photograph is a pretty good likeness of my milky sapphires. Maybe milky sapphires and cats eyes look similar, but to accuse me of being misleading, without asking first....I could scream, I really could, this day is a pile of

If you want to judge for yourselves, here's the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:AAQ:GB:1123
    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

I think your picture is great and your description fits - have you considered using Etsy?

Sorry it has been such a rotten day.

Cheers.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Lisa, maybe I'll give Etsy another try, it's just that I do several hundred pounds worth of business on eBay a month and I've built up a really good customer base, I know these things are sent to try us..I've replied to the eBay member and offered to send a sample (free of charge) so she can see for herself that I'm not trying to con her, or, anyone else! The last thing I need is for her to contact eBay & tell them I'm selling fake gems!
      Jayne

Comment

They are definitely not cat's eyes, I have never seen a milky sapphire in my life but I know for sure they are not cat's eyes.

I hope you get it sorted out, sounds like the lady is trying to con you though, either that, or she doesn't know what she is talking about!

Good luck with the rest of the week, hope it goes better - you may just be experiencing mondayitus today
        www.beadlab.com

Comment

Thanks Pebbles, I felt like telling her to go to an optician and check her own eyes. This may sound mad but I've bought a daily play lottery ticket, surely something will go right today?
          Jayne

Comment

I do a nice line of polite yet patronising, 'sorry you are wrong and quite frankly you're wasting my time' emails if you need one. Ebay is getting so beurocratic these days. The buyer has so much power compared to the seller! I say just through the towel in but i'm in the same boat myself. Sadly Etsy and ebid just can't compare to ebay for volume sellers.
            Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
            Dichroic Glass Tutorials
            Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Clear

I buy a lot of beads from ropey images and I can clearly see that they are not cats eye. In fact your image shows the beads well. I should just ignore her, she is trying to undermine you for some reason.
              Chris W.
              x
              Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Originally posted by glasskanvas View Post
                I do a nice line of polite yet patronising, 'sorry you are wrong and quite frankly you're wasting my time' emails if you need one. Ebay is getting so beurocratic these days. The buyer has so much power compared to the seller! I say just through the towel in but i'm in the same boat myself. Sadly Etsy and ebid just can't compare to ebay for volume sellers.
                I'd love some of your 'with all due respect' type emails, I'm sure there are other folks on here who'd find them useful too, please do share

I know it's really maddening about eBay, they are totally disregarding the people that they rely on for their 'bread & butter' I really hope some serious opposition comes along soon! (Not holding my breath though!)
                Jayne

Comment

Originally posted by Chris W View Post
                  I buy a lot of beads from ropey images and I can clearly see that they are not cats eye. In fact your image shows the beads well. I should just ignore her, she is trying to undermine you for some reason.
                  I know my images aren't perfect but I really do try to ensure that the items are represented as as accurately as possible. I did wonder if she had an eBay shop and if I'd undercut her but she doesn't appear to have one. So, I've no idea why she wants to undermine me, maybe she just has too much time on her hands. I just hope she isn't a trouble maker.
                  Jayne

Comment

Anyone that knows what cats eye beads look like can tell that those are definitely not them!

Credit where its due to your photography skills cos you can clearly see the facets on the beads and I've never seen a faceted cats eye bead.

I've also never seen a milky sapphire before but they do look stunning.

Your critic is obviously a philistine!
                    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I've had a reply from the person concerned who, although she apologises, is not only stupid but also racist! Her reply is as follows:

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I have never heard of milky sapphires before and the price was quite low compared with other sapphires I have seen I was sure they must be cats eye beads. I think I may have seen too many Asian sellers lately selling cats eye beads as opals. Please accept my apologies."

Jayne

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy4lee View Post
                        I think I may have seen too many Asian sellers lately selling cats eye beads as opals. Please accept my apologies."

Thats one of my pet hates too but more so when people sell opalite and call it moonstone. Opalite is a man made opal so why call it moonstone?
                        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Working...
                        X