Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why men are never depressed!

WHY MEN ARE NEVER DEPRESSED:

Men Are Just Happier People-- Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can never 0²fHF ????x7 be pregnant. Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another petrol station restroom because this one is just too icky. You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Same work, more pay. Wrinkles add character. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time.

Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks and engines. A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.

Your underwear is£8.95 for a three-pack. Three pairs of shoes are more than enough. You never have strap problems in public. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. Everything on your face stays its original colour. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. You only have to shave your face and neck.

You can play with toys all your life. One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one colour for all seasons. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look. You can 'do' your nails with a pocket knife. You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.

You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes.

No wonder men are happier.

let women read this who can handle it and to the men who will enjoy reading it.

Selina

Thats so true! lol
    www.beadlab.com

Comment

So true.

The world would be very boring if we were all men though wouldn't it! Would it??

Sharon
      Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
      Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
      Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

Seems true enough but....

This all seems true, but there are as many benefits being female as there are being male

Mike

ricocostumejewellery.co.uk
        Mike

My attempt at something beautiful
        Beads
        Photography
        T-Shirts
        WhatWillHappen

Comment

Originally posted by Rico121 View Post
          This all seems true, but there are as many benefits being female as there are being male

Mike

Really? Ok get naming a few!!
          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
          www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Its true

Originally posted by janetdc View Post
            Really? Ok get naming a few!!
            Well for one, when you go out you can rely on men buying you drinks, makes a much bigger hole in our pockets

Secondly, you actually care how you look, making shopping alot more fun for you. I like shopping, but shopping for mens clothes is soooo boring I find. Not that I buy womens clothes

Because I was running out of things I googled it and found a very relevant article, see below:

MOD EDIT - SORRY, NOT SUITABLE FOR A FAMILY FORUM.
            These are all valid points I think
            Last edited by Peter; 11-06-2008, 05:47 PM.
            Mike

Beads
            Photography
            T-Shirts
            WhatWillHappen

Comment

[quote=Rico121;93761]Well for one, when you go out you can rely on men buying you drinks - NEVER! I am such an equal opportunities kinda gal

MOD EDIT - HAD TO DELETE THE QUOTE AS I'D DELETED THE ORIGINAL!
              So there we go, sorted out, I think......

I also think there are more women on this forum and we are all pretty feisty.......
              Last edited by Peter; 11-06-2008, 05:48 PM.
              www.beadlab.com

Comment

I think I'm loosing this discussion, and I will say that I fervently apologise if anyone takes offence to my inappropriate comments in my previous post, the last thing I want to do is get kicked off the site for adverse behaviour.

I think its safe to say the grass is always greener on the other side and as I a male I believe there good things that I can't enjoy being a male and I believe you think the same about being female.

I also think that last post really came and me in the nose

I think it shows my chivalry that I am willing to fight for the girls corner

Mike

Mike

Beads
                Photography
                T-Shirts
                WhatWillHappen

Comment

...............and in the boy's corner is............me..........watching.

Comment

My man might not get depressed as such but he don't half blooming moan about how hard his life is compared to mine!!!

He - works away all week, buys his packed lunch from the garage, goes out for tea, stays in B&B, usually falls asleep by 9pm!!!! comes home weekends and has everything done for them!!!

Me - has to work from home now the nursery has shut (ok only 12/14 hours but you try doing VAT returns with a 2 yr old trying to help!!), run my own business besides the day job (to him it's a little hobby yet i took in more money than he earnt last month!! - best point out - ok it wasn't more profit wise), Three children to look after, house to clean, washing to do, cooking...........etc,etc...................

Why do (some) men always say they have it harder and moan about it????

Rant over
                    Emma
                    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
                    Sassy Crafts Blog
                    My Blog

Comment

I know i'm going to get criticised for this but I really hate this type of 'aren't men useless' comment. I know it wasn't meant a such but it is vaguely insulting and I would never dream of making comments that patronise women, like this does men. Sure, there are useles men but there are more than enough useless women too.
                      Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                      Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                      Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
                        My man might not get depressed as such but he don't half blooming moan about how hard his life is compared to mine!!!

He - works away all week, buys his packed lunch from the garage, goes out for tea, stays in B&B, usually falls asleep by 9pm!!!! comes home weekends and has everything done for them!!!

Me - has to work from home now the nursery has shut (ok only 12/14 hours but you try doing VAT returns with a 2 yr old trying to help!!), run my own business besides the day job (to him it's a little hobby yet i took in more money than he earnt last month!! - best point out - ok it wasn't more profit wise), Three children to look after, house to clean, washing to do, cooking...........etc,etc...................

Why do (some) men always say they have it harder and moan about it????

Rant over
                        my hubby is just the same always moaning i never do anything this magic fairy appers does all the house work looks after 3 kids does my part time job, goes shopping ,washes ,irons and even manages to cook his dinner
                        for him! yea if only!!!!!!
                        wendy xx
                        my blog... http://thatpersonaltouchcards.blogspot.com

Comment

oh dear

oh dear, this is getting a bit scary, think I'll sit this one out & watch the other comments coming in.
                          My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

Gosh if it causes this much controversy I'll delete it! A friend sent it to me as a laugh which is what I thought it was! Selina

Comment

Selina, it is a laugh! It just got marred a little by over enthusiasm! Now, if you want the story from a twice married manwhosdoneeverythings side...............................

anyway, you can't delete it - that's why I'm here.

Comment

Working...
                              X