European Xmas Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Xmas Markets

Ryanair have got a fantastic offer on at the mo (finishes midnight) with loads of flights only costing 1p including taxes and fees during Nov & Dec. So I thought we might take advantage and pop over to Europe for a couple of days and visit one of the Christmas markets. Went to one near Maastricht, Holland a few years ago and it was really magical but I know they have them all over including Germany and I wondered if anyone has visited any or has any recommendations?
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

The one in Strasbourg was pretty good when I went last December.... or you could go to the Frankfurt Christmas market in Birmingham
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Wow that sounds amazing, I've never been to one but I'd love to!

Just make sure to purchase some freshly made stroopwafels and eat them while they're warm. That would be a reason to fly out for me... mmmmm...!
      www.purplesparkle.co.uk
      http://purplesparklecrafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

That sounds good!!! Might have a look myself!!! Sue xx
        http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

I used to live in Germany and the Frankfurt Christmas Market is fantastic, as is the Cologne one
          www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

I've been to several German Christmas Markets and the best one by far was Hamburg - there were so markets in different areas of the city.

An easy one to travel to is Aachen on the border.

I have also been to Dortmund a couple of times, this one has a huge Christmas tree made up from several thousand smaller trees.

If you are going to Germany, try and find a shop called Kathe Wohlfahrt. They are an all year round Christmas shop and have stores in many towns. The main shop is in a medieval market town called Rothenburg ob de Tauber at the top tip of Bavaria. I've been twice during the summer and it was magical! Their website gives details of their branches www.kathewohlfahrt.com and all they sell are Christmas decorations.

Christmas Markets on the continent are wonderful and it's a shame that we don't have anything similar in the UK considering all the arts and crafters we have.
            Emma

Comment

Wow that sounds amazing, I've never been to one but I'd love to!
              Mod edited - not UK Crafts related

Comment

Working...
              X