Rich Experiences.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Experiences.

Every day a very tiny elderly lady from the nearby nusing home passes my shop pushing a zimmer frame. Occaisionaly she come in and treats herself to some bling. She once bought a hobo bag from me coverered in metalic gold discs that is probably the most OTT thing I have ever sold. She is 93 years old and very frail in body but not in spirit. She came into my shop today to look for something to buy. On her zimmer frame was the gold sequin bag and she was wearing all her jewellery, but she suprised me even more by pulling a mouth organ out of her bag and playing a song. She then offerered me some kebab which I declined and then told me she had a bottle of champagne in her zimmer frame and did I want some.
    Sometimes life can be so extraordinary, I don't make much money but certainly have had some rich experiences.
    Chris W.
    x
    Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

What an amazing lady!

I hope some one will make nice comments about me being "full of spirit" when Im that age!

Comment

She's obviously out to enjoy herself and good on her!
      Trish

Comment

Maybe it was her birthday or she had won the lottery.
        "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
        my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I forgot

I forgot to mention that a betting slip fell out of her bag.
          Chris W.
          x
          Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Ooh I hope it was a winning one and then she will be back to buy some more. How wonderful. We have a few "oldies" in this village who are like that - all sorts of things medically wrong, but nothing is going to stop them doing as much as they can. I feel ashamed everytime I look out on a dismal day and see my 86 year old neighbour on her knees gardening when I have decreed that it is not fit to go out!! Hope your visitor has many more years dressing up her zimmer frame.
            Cynthia
            http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Ahhh what a lovely story. How nice that she's still getting out and about and making the most of life.

My grandad used to live in a residential home but they were very willing to let the residents go out into the local area and if they weren't home within two hours or so the staff would go out and look for them. My grandad would usually be visiting one of his many 'lady friends' and taking them goodies from the local bakery!!

Hehe bless old people

Visit my blog!
              http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
              www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
              X