Name Labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Labels

Went to An Information Evening last night at the Primary School that Samuel will be starting in September and I need to name all his clothing.......

So, where can I get the sew in name tapes in decent quantity that will have his name already printed on??

I can remember my mum doing this to all my clothes when I started school many many moons ago!!!

Ooh, yeah I remember that! This looks like a nice site TipTop!

http://www.easy2name.com/

Cx
    Love LittleGems x
    http://LittleGemsUK.etsy.com
    www.truly-handmade.co.uk

Comment

We got some amazing stick in labels. They are smooth to the touch and work like stickers. I'll try and find them. Saved me hours of work. They are fully washable, come in a range of sizes and are still firmly stuck in Joes pe kit whick he's had washed twice a week for 5 years!!
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

http://www.labelplanet.co.uk/

Comment

As you know doubt know I can't sew to save myself - got a pen that doesn't wash out and wrote on the care labels - saved me time because I dread to think the state I would have sent my two off to school with my skill with a needle and thread!!!

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Great links - thanks from me too as I'm gonna be doing this for my son too come september...
            Mel

Comment

Make sure you label their school shoes too! When I was a learning support assistant helping to settle Year 7 into secondary school, there used to be a lot of problems with kids shoes getting muddled at PE time! Writing their name on the back of the tongue (if they are laces ups) is the best place as it doesn't wear off so quickly!
              Trish

Comment

If you check out any of the shops that specifically supply school uniform they will get them printed up for you.
                www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Can I just add a warning to all parents new to the schooling system:

Having your name in clothes does not guarantee in any way that the clothes will never be completely lost!!

I've lost count of the number of items my kids have lost over the years.
                  Every term end, our school lays all lost property out in the hall and parents are invited to go in for a route around. It's amazing just how much stuff goes missing.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                    Can I just add a warning to all parents new to the schooling system:

Having your name in clothes does not guarantee in any way that the clothes will never be completely lost!!

I've lost count of the number of items my kids have lost over the years.
                    Every term end, our school lays all lost property out in the hall and parents are invited to go in for a route around. It's amazing just how much stuff goes missing.
                    Amen to that!! And if it's a boy then it is twice as bad.
                    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Yep boys are the worst.
                      Joe once went to school in a new pair of Clark £38.00 shoes ans came home with two different sized ones. The teachers in every class questioned the children and we toured the cloak rooms but the missing shoe never ever turned up.
                      Boys are also likely to trip up the first time they wear a new pair of long trousers and put a great big hole in the knee.
                      They are also likely to find the smallest hole in any cuff, jumper ot rousers and investigate it fully to see how long it takes to completely unravel or how big the hole has to be to fit a fist through.
                      They are also the ones who'll tell you ten minutes before they go to school that they have cookery that day and they need the following ingredients.........
                      they forget to give you notes about parents evening until 1/2 hour before your first appointment.
                      They will print all their homework 5 minutes before leaving to school and then find the ink is out or the printer is playing up.
                      they'll loose cheques that you send in to school.
                      They'll miss the bus home.
                      They'll leave their £1000 violin on the bus, or in the loo at school or somewher, but I'm not sure where...

ARE YOU GETTING THE PICTURE??

(sadly these are all true stories!)

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                        Yep boys are the worst.
                        Joe once went to school in a new pair of Clark £38.00 shoes ans came home with two different sized ones. The teachers in every class questioned the children and we toured the cloak rooms but the missing shoe never ever turned up.
                        Boys are also likely to trip up the first time they wear a new pair of long trousers and put a great big hole in the knee.
                        They are also likely to find the smallest hole in any cuff, jumper ot rousers and investigate it fully to see how long it takes to completely unravel or how big the hole has to be to fit a fist through.
                        They are also the ones who'll tell you ten minutes before they go to school that they have cookery that day and they need the following ingredients.........
                        they forget to give you notes about parents evening until 1/2 hour before your first appointment.
                        They will print all their homework 5 minutes before leaving to school and then find the ink is out or the printer is playing up.
                        they'll loose cheques that you send in to school.
                        They'll miss the bus home.
                        They'll leave their £1000 violin on the bus, or in the loo at school or somewher, but I'm not sure where...

ARE YOU GETTING THE PICTURE??

(sadly these are all true stories!)

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

And I have 2 boys......!!!

I'll have a gander at the link - thanks!

And thanks for all the swift responses!!!

Comment

studio cards do ready printed name tags i dont know how there prices compare but might be worth a look i have girls and they are just as bad as boys i like the way they go in looking smart and come out with clothes on back to front with nothing tucked in wearing paint and glue
                          Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Able labels do printed labels & M&S used to - not sure if they still do. I write their names in big letters using a laundry or permanent pen on the inside collar and on any labels. One of my daughters actually appears to eat the cuffs on her jumpers. My other one has managed to lose a swimming hat, goggles and PE shorts in a week. All with names on. She also left her bag on the pavement once with all her stuff in but we managed to get it back the next day.
                            http://www.stallfinder.com
                            Twitter http://www.twitter.com/stallfinder

Comment

I got ours from www.mynametags.com - really quick service and you can get 75 iron on and 75 stick on for £9.99.

Brilliant.
                              Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
                              Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
                              Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X