Nightmare..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare..

Last week I bought a laptop for my GF as the costs have dropped and we needed another as she kept using mine..

As its new it is a bit faster than my 3yrs old one... She emailed and said in front on my laptop that I should just use hers and move my stuff... My laptop was so unhappy about the idea it went bang lol...

I now have 15 less emails accounts to check lol.. and all backups and sites are on it... grrr... I now have to wait for some cables to come to transfer the data grrr... I thought about just buying the same laptop but even now at 3yrs old shops are selling the same model at just under £1000 OUCH...

I have 5 client sites i need to work on .. And so busy the timing couldn't of been any worse... Off to the computer shop and ikea to get a desk for a old desktop grrr...

What a week....

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Somebody recommended a lovely Samsung Lappy for me last week - it is great but I am guessing you need the super dooper version .

Loving the lappy by the way - just plowing my way through getting all the old bumph of the old PC onto the new one.

Hope you get something not too pricey soon.

Bad Luck.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Eeurckkk!!

I dread having to change pc's etc...... so I can understand how bad it is!!

Comment

Frustrating! I love my laptop it's so much more convenient than the desktop I just tout it with me round the house. Hope you get sorted soon.
        www.littlebead.blogspot.com
        www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

oh...

Oh...you must be frustrated. I hope the problem will be sorted out quickly.
          Visit my shop:House of Cherilli
          Celebrity inspired jewellery

Comment

i got my laptop from my daughter whos a computor tech its 5 years old its a fujjitsu i did burn out the power leads the other week by leaving it plugged in got told of and she sorted it for me i was only without it for a couple of days but it felt like my arms had been cut of .
            Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Mine went bang a couple of months ago too and it had all the stuff for Cuteable on it etc - big pain in the bum. Luckily Matt could take out the hard drive and do something with it so that the data showed up on my new comp. I'm lucky to have a technical man around the house!
              Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
              My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
              My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

You are having a great week aren't you!!!!.

I am on the look out for another laptop this year after the I and S keys fell off mine and I think they may have ended up in the hoover!. Ooopss...

I think I am about due a new one as it is well over five years old (the laptop not the hoover!). Will have to makes some more pennies first!.
                by Nicki
                www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

10 years old!

Hi all,

I have had the same PC for about 10 years now and it’s still going strong! It’s so strong that I have only had to replace the case three times, the motherboard 4 times, the processor 4 times, the hard drives about 6 times, the operating software 3 times, the monitor 3 times, the key board 3 times and the mouse I had as a birthday present. So really it’s the same machine, I think.

I..
                  www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?saved=1

Comment

Oh I know where you are coming from, last month out laptop decided to break so as my OH Ian, runs my website and develops and looks after a few more it was a race against time to get a new one..which somehow Funky Hand (the business!) ended up paying for and..as we were getting a new laptop it was probably a good idea to get the CS3 version of Adobe creative suite to upgrade from the one on the old laptop...and Funky Hand could pay for that too!! Turned out to be a VERY expensive laptop break!!
                    Anice xx
                    Funkyhand x
                    my website
                    http://www.funkyhand.com
                    my blog (updated 09/06/10)
                    http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
                    Follow me on Twitter
                    http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

[quote=Ian Beckerton;91113]Hi all,

I have had the same PC for about 10 years now and it’s still going strong! It’s so strong that I have only had to replace the case three times, the motherboard 4 times, the processor 4 times, the hard drives about 6 times, the operating software 3 times, the monitor 3 times, the key board 3 times and the mouse I had as a birthday present. So really it’s the same machine, I think.

I..[/quot

Tee hee! I wish we could do that with our bodies! I could do with a new right wrist and new eyes at the moment! Too much sewing in poor light!

C.

Comment

I think its worth buying a pc rather than a laptop. Because when a pc goes bang- you just need to replace whatever has gone wonky. But if a laptap goes bang you have to chuck or pay loads to ship off somewhere for them to try and fix and then it just goes bang again!! Or buy a mini mac- they are so pretty...
                        www.clarenash.co.uk

Comment

I have a spare case for a laptop hard drive sitting at home for when this happens - remove the hard drive from the laptop, stick it into the caddy, and then connect that to wherever by USB.

Costs about £7 from eBuyer, IIRC.
                          It's never too late to gyrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Clarey11 View Post
                            I think its worth buying a pc rather than a laptop. Because when a pc goes bang- you just need to replace whatever has gone wonky. But if a laptap goes bang you have to chuck or pay loads to ship off somewhere for them to try and fix and then it just goes bang again!! Or buy a mini mac- they are so pretty...
                            I would buy an Apple, but I pride myself on being able to work a mouse with more than one button on it
                            It's never too late to gyrate!

Comment

Originally posted by MrSwirl View Post
                              I have a spare case for a laptop hard drive sitting at home for when this happens - remove the hard drive from the laptop, stick it into the caddy, and then connect that to wherever by USB.

Costs about £7 from eBuyer, IIRC.
                              Yep i have 2 of them ehhehee...

I can get the data which is fine but install all the programs again is a nightmare...

ah well..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                              (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X