Thursday 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 14th

Morning All! Miserable, cold, dark and very wet with an easterly wind.

Yesterday, yet another day spent with canvas work and knitting and catching up with recorded tv programmes. Did manage one load of laundry and a bit of general tidying up.

Today, need to give the knitting a rest as it's aggravated my neck and shoulder problem. Also need to do some shopping some time in the next 24 hours, but not desperate enough to go out in the current state of the weather. Not the best night's sleep either so not exactly bouncing around, but have managed a short game of footie with George.

Caroline - snuggling again? Any further news on BIL? How is your sister coping?
    Dave - trust the car was OK and nothing else needed? Agree that BSL (and lip reading) would be a great addition to the school curriculum from the very first year. Everyone would learn something from it even if they didn't become proficient. Any effects from the recent Welsh rain in your area?
    Clare - hope you managed to have a productive day yesterday and that your coughing etc is well on the way to disappearing.
    Shelley - sounds like your health is continuing to improve, hope the same can be said for Meimei, but glad to hear there are no apparent breaks or other damage. I've put George back on his Loxicom daily as he was showing signs of limping the other day, but looks more like arthritis playing up than anything else.

HAGO
    Linda

Morning all.

I was loitering in the wings Linda, saw you on and did not want to double post. You sound busy as normal but take care of your neck and shoulder and giving the knitting a rest is a good idea.

Just made the rose gold organza bags for the sleep set, photographs done only have to take once with this new phone as auto focuses which is brilliant.

Sister has spoken to the hospital Doctor apparently he is comfortable but a very poorly man and will be in there for sometime. My youngest nephew who is always 'so busy with work' stepped up to the plate and arrived yesterday. Bags full of Waitrose goodies for her fridge, took the old mattress off the bed and up to the dump along with the pillows. Helped her online to order another one coming Friday at which point he will be back to help.

I helped her order the sheets etc in the afternoon.

Planning the next project now, really not sure what to do next have a long list. May make some shoe pumps style pencil cases, decorated of course.

HAGD all and BBL x

Comment

Sister has spoken to the hospital Doctor apparently he is comfortable but a very poorly man and will be in there for sometime. My youngest nephew who is always 'so busy with work' stepped up to the plate and arrived yesterday. Bags full of Waitrose goodies for her fridge, took the old mattress off the bed and up to the dump along with the pillows. Helped her online to order another one coming Friday at which point he will be back to help.
      Well "comfortable" is slightly better than "in danger", but still a very worrying time.
      Nice to know that she has some help with what used to be "everyday stuff" and the extra jobs that need to be done but not viable for one older person to do on their own.

Fingers crossed and healing vibes continuing to be sent south.

Linda

Comment

Morning all....bit damp here, not raining at the moment.

Got the car back last night, everything was fine.
        That last memory that I posted was spotted, decided on and posted off to my mate in Salisbury yesterday, luckily I’d got a slider box and a white frame as she wanted it sent framed not just mounted. A whack of postage as slider boxes are big things so it went by Parcelforce but you can pretty much guarantee it will be in one piece at the other end.

An Asian lady here somewhere does cookery courses, has an online shop etc and makes her own range of spice mixes for all sorts of Indian food. She roasts and makes her own masala blends etc, her own family test them out first. I ordered a set, an hour later her husband knocked the door with them, hand delivered! We had vegetable curry for tea using her recipe, delicious!

I don’t know what we are doing today, I’ll be practising and cutting at some point but don’t know what else in between.

Have a good’un all
        Dave.

Comment

Morning,
          It snowed again! It is really deep and looking at the main road it looks unprepaired for. A truck pulled up a little while ago filling wheelbarrows with grit, taking it off to the side streets. Today's plan is to work more on the card. Her birthday is the 25th and I have to get it posted so need to finish in the next couple of days. I worked quite a bit on it yesterday and making progress. My OH is working from home and it has made me realise just how loud my crafting is, particularly my paper cutter! Health wise i have a slight cough but feeling a lot better now.

Have a good day
          Clare

Comment

Evening all,

Wet for most of the morning, dried up in the afternoon but still damp and mild.

Linda, good plan to put the knitting to one side for a bit, no need for aggravated shoulders and necks. You seem to have a few projects on the go to choose from so I can't see you being bored. Glad George is still playing footie

Caroline, saw the rose gold organza bags, very pretty sets, should do well. Good to hear your BIL is comfortable, much more encouraging, hope he continues to improve. Well done for your nephew doing what was needed, and you for helping ordering online.

Dave, glad the car was ok,well done on the sale. I sometimes really wish I could eat more things, but my nut allergy severely restricts what I can eat and spicy stuff is just not for me, but I would like to experiment with non nut, not so spicy food

Clare, sort of wish we had snow, it makes the world sound so quiet, and it looks great. Not having to go anywhere means it wouldn't be a problem. The card is looking good so far, keen to see it finished, quite a unique idea. Glad you feeling much better.

Today up early enough to catch the parcel delivery, the folding file thing I ordered. Was quite disappointed with it, silly thing has 31 dividers but no bottoms on each file so things can just fall down to the bottom and all the sorting goes for nought. Going to order a different style, this one was the cheapest so maybe lesson learnt. First thing I have ordered online that hasn't been as expected for ages.

So gave up on sorting that and went and spent about 3 hours tidying my craft room, managed to do the worst of it. Just a desk full of bits to sort, all the big bits done. The floor is clear and access to the sewing machines and desk is now clear too. Need to get Simon to bring some things downstairs for the bin and file lots of business accounts away in long term storage in the loft. Another day will see it done, tomorrow though the kitchen needs my attention and more laundry

Hope to solve adhesive problem for mandal tomorrow and maybe start the next one.

Meimei is improving and has made me realise that she may have been in a bit of pain for awhile as she has been reluctant to leave the livingroom at all, but on her return from the vets yesterday evening and full of painkillers she was wandering all around the downstairs, in the kitchen (she hasn't been in there for a couple of months) through the cat flap and leaping around the furniture.
            I wonder if she has been in a bit of pain and did something to aggravate it and we have now noticed. Cats are so good at hiding pain, it sometimes upsets me to think it has to quite bad for us to notice. I think it is arthritis, I will try and speak to the vet and see what long term plan we can come up with.
            She has had today's meds and is much more comfortable.

Take care all,

Shelley

Comment

Working...
            X