Tuesday 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 5th

Morning all, still cold but fry today. Have to walk to the post box later as had 5 sales yesterday. All sale stock but happy it is going think can now condense 2 boxes into 1 and start a new box with my new creations.

Not much else planned, well lockdown makes it hard. My sister gets her first jab this Friday so she is happy, then has to wait 12 weeks before the second. She got in a pickle with her Waitrose order sorted that out again!

Must look at ordering the repeats online then photography of my new card will post to CC later and maybe start on something else. Planning to stitch out some small cross stitch flowers and use them on the cards with a frame round.

Hope you are all well, getting better and pets behaving, take care

HAGD & BBL x

Morning all...bit gloomy here.
    I’d heard Boris was making an announcement, guessed it would be lockdown so went over to the gallery and stocked up on mount board and double corrugated cardboard to keep the wheels turning.

Sue was due a shift at Samaritans shop today, sort of glad he called lockdown as they have been told they have to leave the door open for more through ventilation 🤷🏻‍♂️....so it is freezing cold. I guess they will have to organise something to stop bags of donations building uo at the back door.

Nothing much doing today, probably cutting, need to restore order in the craft room, frames everywhere, both full and new. I’ve made a start, just need to keep at it. There is a triple wardrobe up there in the other side. Sue uses it for least worn clothes, she said she is emptying that. If so I’ll put shelves in and use it to store all of the frames. If they aren’t stored away properly they rub or knock, next thing id they are being replaced or resprayed.

Hope everyone is okay.

Dave.

Comment

Morning Dave pleased you got stocked up on supplies and agree not good to have a door open in this weather.

Telephone appt with Doc in a min will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Okay doc said my vitamin d levels were dangerously low, so now on a very high dose for 2 months, 2 weeks after the course a blood test to check then a maintenance dose. This has been why I have been feeling so low and just been so tearful and achy, who knew something this simple could make you feel so dreadful. Collecting the tablets Monday along with the repeats, still on the lower dose until then and maybe, just maybe begin to feel like my old self.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
          Okay doc said my vitamin d levels were dangerously low, so now on a very high dose for 2 months, 2 weeks after the course a blood test to check then a maintenance dose. This has been why I have been feeling so low and just been so tearful and achy, who knew something this simple could make you feel so dreadful. Collecting the tablets Monday along with the repeats, still on the lower dose until then and maybe, just maybe begin to feel like my old self.
          We take vitamin C and D tablets every day, most days have two eggs for breakfast, also good sources of D.

Dave.

Comment

Afternoon all! Very cold, currently dry but we've had a couple of heavy sleet/snow/rain showers, breeze has eased down from yesterday.

Yesterday - Got the book board sorted and cut down into more manageable sizes, vacuumed the mess I made, then started on the research for George's new diet. Evening was spent doing some knitting - well picking up stitches for a neck band - and a bit of blackwork. Am trying to get into "Death in Paradise", but it's not gripping me so far.

Today - the online indicator said Tesco wasn't too busy just after 8.00am so I pootled off to do the shopping after a couple of games of football with George - he's got so much energy and playfulness now it's hard to believe he's the same cat. Did a round trip of Tesco, Boyes, vet's to collect medication, pet shop (very helpful chap and we have some low sodium food which George has happily wolfed down and which doesn't cost a fortune), Lidl, filling station, down the A15 to the roundabout and back up to the A1077 to give the car a run. Dropped in at the farm shop for veg and then to the tyre place as I thought my front tyre was low again - all is well, no loss of pressure.
            I've just spoken to the older couple round the corner I was shopping for during the first lockdown to let them know I'm still here and happy to shop for them if needed. They do now do online shopping, but it appears delivery slots are sparse and as they are both over 70 and she has chronic health problems I can help out if needed.
            Rest of the day is putting together the base and top part for cottage pie tonight, then I might go and play with the leatherette and book pages as I now have some suitable (I hope) press studs to use as a fastener.

Caroline - no wonder you've been struggling if your Vit D level was so low. Hopefully you'll soon feel the benefit of the increased dose once it gets to work on your system. Well done on the sales - it may be sale stock, but it boosts your mood to know things are moving again and you have space for some new creations
            Dave - having to have a shop door open for ventilation isn't good at any time, but this time of year is ridiculous - they can't expect staff (paid or not) to work in those conditions. Why is it shop workers are treated like second class citizens? Or is it just charities who do that? Bags of "donations" building up at the back door is another perennial problem, as Mo well knows! Glad you've got stocked up on enough stuff to keep you occupied, along with jobs to do in the crafting area.
            Clare - how did the tree de-construction go? Was it a real one leaving pine needles in every nook and cranny to be found every time you vacuum for the next two years? I'm intrigued by your plans for the book cover - looking forward to seeing the photos please
            Shelley - hope the foray to Sainsburys was successful, both for the photo and for the food. Hope your sticky mat has reached the correct level of stickiness so you can have a play with it soon.

HAGO
            Linda

Comment

Hey,

The tree is still up! It is an artifical one so just got to get it in the box and back in the garage. Just feels like too much effort at the moment.
              The book folding is complete. I do want to colour it which will take a long time. The theme is marvel superheros so i want to get some string and stick it to the outside then paint it, like spidermans web. Im going to take my time with it though. i will post pictures in the fb group if you would like to see, though i feel like im posting a lot and dont want to seem like im taking over or anything, please tell me if im being too forward.

In other news I just ordered a covid test. I started coughing a couple of days ago and i can't seem to shift it and now I am starting to feel it on my chest. Fingers crossed it is just a cold.

Comment

i will post pictures in the fb group if you would like to see, though i feel like im posting a lot and dont want to seem like im taking over or anything, please tell me if im being too forward.
                Of course we want to see it! We haven't had anything like your beautiful work shown to us before (at least while I've been here and I'm in my second incarnation so been here a long time) and it's fascinating.

You are not taking over, not being too forward or too pushy or anything like that. We love seeing what others are doing - whatever stage they or their projects are at.

Linda

Comment

Afternoon all,

Sunny to start with, fine misty rain later.

Caroline, so glad you have an answer, I know exactly what thats like, feeling rotten and not knowing how to change it. Now you have a solution you should be back on top, batteries recharged and creations flowing Well done on the sales, happy dance time Good way to start the new year.

Dave, a whole triple wardrobe to fill ! wow I can only dream of finding that much space, this house is relatively big, 3 bedrooms, the huge loft, and all of downstairs and one enormous shed and a smaller stores for the shop, never seem to have anywhere to put anything but hopefully when I finished sorting my craft room and the spare room the pressure will ease a bit.
                  It can't be right, doors open in this weather, much better for Sue to be closed and safe and warm at home.

Linda, great news about George's food, especially as he likes it. Its good to get your supplies organized, then you know what and where you have to work with.
                  Sounds like you had quite some journey out and about. You must be stocked up for while now.

Clare, really hope your chest is nothing more than a cold. Looking forward to seeing your painted piece. Never worry about posting too much, its so nice to see something new and different and so well executed. I set up the FB page becuase after an upgrade to the site the picture handling side of things was just not good enough for us to share as much as we wanted to. So FB for as many pics as you like and some chat too. I like to keep posting once a day at least here to preserve the feeling this group has here on this forum. I think we make a good bunch, good variety of people and skills.
                  I always feel I am the over chatty one, nice to have another chatterbox

Today made it out to Sainsburys at about 4pm, nothing happens early here if it involves Simon Got the food we needed and his photos for his driving license renewal. I checked the online busy monitor and it said moderately busy but was actually very reasonable. People being sensible and no empty shelves and all wearing masks, most of them correctly

I did restick the mat and it was very successful so will do the other one soon too. Order of the day, put shopping away, clean up cat litter corner and put down newly cleaned carpet, eat dinner (something quick) and then make a start with my project - 3d mandala.
                  I also need to order my repeats.

Take care all,

Shelley

Comment

You sound brighter Shelley and good you got all the shopping done.

I feel better, stupid I know as no meds yet but just knowing I was not going mad and there was something just not right.

Comment

Caroline, half of it is always in the head
                      I felt like that when they diagnosed the over active thyroid, I knew what it was, what the prognosis was and that things would get better. Also you stop worrying about it being something even worse that it turns out to be.

Take care of yourself and look forward to a brighter, happier 2021

Shelley

Comment

Morning.

I am in the midst of this deficiency trying to recover from the horrible symptoms that it can cause. I want to hear from people who have overcome this deficiency and how they did it. If there was adverse affects of long term use of vitamin d supplements.

Comment

Working...
                        X